When will the MEM pilots 'get it'???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx1 said:
At least now we know who is doing all that draft flying........

I won't do draft, extra flying, etc. (Disputing pairings are a totally separate issue- it has nothing to do with negociations!!!! Just don't do them... Ever.)

But I will fly direct if I can- it is safe (duh)- and I will fly the speed that they want me to- ECON. Which is usually .83 or .84.

:rolleyes: Why does this stuff have to be spelled out. Of course flying direct is safe. If your flight plan says ECON and that's .83 or .84 - then fly it. My point is: Many actions we choose, like staying on the planned route or not flying the barber pole to make up time can be explained because you felt they were the safest course of action at the time. It's very hard for someone to rake you over the coals for doing something as safe as possible. Unfortunately (for the company), sometimes safety (which is the #1 priority) may make you a tad late. ;)

Nice couple of posts AdlerDriver, my thoughts exactly.

Nothing extra, is definately my personal choice and I think it is starting to spread to others as well. Lets fight the good fight now, not later.

Been called 6 times in the last three days. No personal job action here. Just spending time with the family this summer. The last call seemed pretty desperate. I've also notice there are far fewer people puting themseves on the list.

Adler was the man in his first squadron. He was the man at his previous job. And his post here is also spot on.

Glad to have you on the team.

Read the new MEC email? Should be plain enough for echopapa now.

And, with the exception of 5 July, all the 727 F/O open time trips have been picked up. Nice.

...those might be dudes dropping R days for trips...we really are overmanned on the bird. I personally don't have a problem with guys doing that. If that provides more "family time", I think the intent is met.

Latest resources

Back