Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
I am a LAX based FO that just got done flying a LAX base trip to HNL WITH A MEM BASED CAPTAIN! The SFS guys definately get it, the ANC guys get it, the LAX based pilots get it SO WHEN WILL MEM PILOTS GET IT!!!

Time to start reading between the lines folks and get with the program. I get calls almost everyday now draft trips but our future is at stake here.

All the MEM pilots need to do is read the union emails and make up their mind based on their own conscience. 3 727 disputed pairings flown last week.

I'm a MEM guy, and I'm pissed. I can only imagine how y'all must feel.

PurpleTail said:
I am a LAX based FO that just got done flying a LAX base trip to HNL WITH A MEM BASED CAPTAIN! The SFS guys definately get it, the ANC guys get it, the LAX based pilots get it SO WHEN WILL MEM PILOTS GET IT!!!

Time to start reading between the lines folks and get with the program. I get calls almost everyday now draft trips but our future is at stake here.

Hang in there Purple! Apparently the people in MEM that don't "get it" have figured out how to reproduce and we've got our fair share of their selfish cousins workin' at brown. Nothing happens at the bargaining table (unfortunately) till the boxes stop moving ... then all of a sudden management has an epiphany and things start to get solved toward a TA. :smash:

I'm doing my part to help my poor wayward employer "come to Jesus"! Let me hear you say AMEN brother!! :D

BBB

PurpleTail said:

You're sure it was extra flying?? Could be a RSV, SUB, M/U, or could be a guy that knocked out most of the month with a carry in and decided only to fly trips at 150% rather than requesting a CIA.

When will the MEM pilots 'get it'???

If they are like the AA DFW and ORD pilots the answer is NEVER!!!!!!!!

or could be a guy that knocked out most of the month with a carry in and decided only to fly trips at 150% rather than requesting a CIA.

And therein lies the problem. Paying 150% is chumpchange in order to keep the plane flying.

It all boils down to people trying to justify their own reason for taking from other pilots.

Good luck guys

"Our union leadership is working to make clear to pilots what their
personal choices are saying to management.

After more than two years of negotiations with no complete TA,
it's clear that management is not seriously interested in addressing our
cornerstone issues to complete this agreement. Anyone believing
otherwise is either sadly uninformed of the environment around them or
exhibiting extremely poor situational awareness.

Just like in past negotiations, the actions of some pilots are
sending a message to management that collectively, the pilots don't have
the resolve to achieve our cornerstone issues. Management is more than
willing to accept that message; after all, they don't want us to get
more than what we have now. After more than two years, it should be
clear now that management does not readily respond to open and honest
negotiations. Because of that, each of us must take a look in the mirror
and ask ourselves the following questions:

a.. Are my actions helping the Negotiating Committee?
b.. Are my actions expediting the negotiating process?
c.. Are my actions showing loyalty to my fellow pilots?
d.. Are my actions something I would be proud of in public?
e.. Are my actions consistent with my long-term interests?

If you're not answering "yes" to each of these questions without
hesitation or equivocation then you might need to think about what you
are doing to your own future.

Management thinks you're happy. You tell us you want improvements.
Who's getting the right message?

An acceptable contract will not just happen. It will require the
active involvement of each and every member. As Pilot-to-Pilot®
volunteers, we must get active. Too much time has already passed since
the amendable date of our current contract; do we want this to continue
indefinitely?"

Not my words, but an interesting read. Unfortunately, I doubt it's getting to the guys that need to read it the most. The "I don't think not working extra really does anything" crowd is alive and well. Flew with some recently. Seems like there are more of them then not.

I've heard there is a new squadron at FedEx: The Flying Freelancers

Diesel said:
And therein lies the problem. Paying 150% is chumpchange in order to keep the plane flying.

It all boils down to people trying to justify their own reason for taking from other pilots.

Good luck guys

Not quite so simple. Example: Pilot has a one day carry over trip into the new month. Pay 6hrs in new month. This one day, or the duty free buffer causes a 90hr trip to be droped in the new month. Option 1: The pilot can decide not to request a carry in adjustment. Pilot gets paid 6hrs for the new month. Option 2: Pilot can request a carry in adjustment, be first in line selecting from available trips before the VTOs are built, and get back his 90hrs lost to the conflict(most common selection). Option 3: Settle for the 6hrs pay for the new month, but accepts any drf/vlt trip that will make up that 90hrs lost, 10 days away vs 15 days. The downside of the third option is that trips may not be available and even if they are he will not get paid until the middle of the next month.

Like I said, not so simple.

Latest resources

Back