• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is the PinnaColaba list effective?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the more likely scenario is that XJ changes it's procedures to match 9E like NWA did with the transition to DL. Maybe a sim some ground school for an abbreviated indoc, and a few legs of OE

Mesaba will be phasing in 9E procedures overtime into our POM. Then the Mesaba pilots will go thru a checking phase in the sim. After completion you will be "pinnicalized" :). There will be a notation on the Dispatch Release right next to the CAT II notation. I've read thru their 900 POM and I do like some of their procedures. But their CAT II is a cluster f*ck.

Mesaba will be phasing in 9E procedures overtime into our POM. Then the Mesaba pilots will go thru a checking phase in the sim. After completion you will be "pinnicalized" :). There will be a notation on the Dispatch Release right next to the CAT II notation. I've read thru their 900 POM and I do like some of their procedures. But their CAT II is a cluster f*ck.

What? You don't believe in transferring control at 50' AGL and 130 kias?

Wuss. ;)

Did they say anything about OE, or just a PC in the sim?

I wouldn't call it an oral. The brief for the PC/Loft normally has some questions involved as you discuss current training points. Nothing to worry about.

It can turn into an oral if you don't answer some of the first simple questions right, or your manuals aren't perfect. I just had my PC a couple of weeks ago and it was about an hour long oral. The FO I was doing it with was struggling and kept digging himself into a hole so it ended up being longer than normal. Also, having less sims available means that you have around an hour to kill before you can get in the box.

colgan is every six months for both seats. annual training cycle includes one pc and one pt. both include an oral
XJ hasn't had orals for PCs in years. They get them on the initial type, but the rest of the time it is written in lieu of. There are exception, but very rare.

XJ hasn't had orals for PCs in years. They get them on the initial type, but the rest of the time it is written in lieu of. There are exception, but very rare.

Well then get ready to start giving oral. :beer:

Well then get ready to start giving oral. :beer:
With the way the fenced protections are, it will be 9E FOs who will be giving orals for some time to come. Lucky for me, I've been used to getting bent over from Pinnacle. It hurts the first few times, after a while you get used to the Pinnaclization. And there's only enough lube for 541 9E pilots.

With the way the fenced protections are, it will be 9E FOs who will be giving orals for some time to come. Lucky for me, I've been used to getting bent over from Pinnacle. It hurts the first few times, after a while you get used to the Pinnaclization. And there's only enough lube for 541 9E pilots.

You were put in the top group of FO's, above at least half of the Mesaba and all of the Colgan FO's. Life can't be that bad.

You were put in the top group of FO's, above at least half of the Mesaba and all of the Colgan FO's. Life can't be that bad.

For bidding schedules, yes, life isn't bad. But I'm here for movement. I'd like to upgrade and get time that majors look at. Even if I'm above Colgan FOs, those Colgan FOs are pretty much guaranteed their Q upgrades. From the current 149 Q CAs, 193 slots are protected. No matter what, those Colgan FOs will be upgrading and life for them will be as usual until their fences are filled. Same for Mesaba. They get to fill their fences first. Meanwhile, not only is Pinnacle already at their fence numbers, they are waaaaaaay above them.

Latest resources

Back