• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When is the PinnaColaba list effective?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've convinced yourself that you know the specific definition of "announced" and who is able to do the announcing. I'm not sold on the idea that the list has been announced yet.

I think the transition from Mesaba jet to pinnacle jet is about a 3 week program plus OE.
Guess it WAS officially "announced", because the latest ALPA email states the Colgan vacancy is open to EVERYONE.

Actually, ALPA Legal is looking into determing what the date of effectiveness will be.
What is it with 9E and dates. Look, if we want to move forward in this, the vacancy will be open to anyone. I realize 9E guys want to delay this as long as possible, but if we fight over this it's going to make life even more miserable. The ISL was announced and per the LOA vacancies are open. The company realizes this to be true too. Update your pref bids, because a multi-class bid will arrive soon.

Actually flyer is right. National and the company are awaiting clarification on the effective date. It doesn't effect me per say, but I asked this question to a few in multiple areas and all had the same "waiting for clarification" response. I'd assume it would be effective but there is no date listed and a 60 day period still over all our heads for challenges. I haven't heard of any true challenges but some clarification is needed. This isn't a 9E thing, at this point it's becoming corp's problem.

Actually flyer is right. National and the company are awaiting clarification on the effective date. It doesn't effect me per say, but I asked this question to a few in multiple areas and all had the same "waiting for clarification" response. I'd assume it would be effective but there is no date listed and a 60 day period still over all our heads for challenges. I haven't heard of any true challenges but some clarification is needed. This isn't a 9E thing, at this point it's becoming corp's problem.
Challenges to the effective date, and whether the ISL is in effect are two different animals. I see your point, we want a definitive date, so we know when the 60 window and 5 year fences are up. But that date has nothing to do with accepting the ISL in bidding currently open vacancies.

Challenges to the effective date, and whether the ISL is in effect are two different animals. I see your point, we want a definitive date, so we know when the 60 window and 5 year fences are up. But that date has nothing to do with accepting the ISL in bidding currently open vacancies.

Answer this Murf....If the company has not received the ISL from ALPA then how can they do a joint vacancy? Right now we have an unexecuted award from Bloch. Until its executed, its not in effect. I'm not sure how you think that it would be a good idea to have it any other way.

Answer this Murf....If the company has not received the ISL from ALPA then how can they do a joint vacancy? Right now we have an unexecuted award from Bloch. Until its executed, its not in effect. I'm not sure how you think that it would be a good idea to have it any other way.
Actually, I'm thinking how bad it could get if there are vacancies that are filled outside of the ISL. XJ would have serious grounds for a grievance in this. I have no idea how the award would be filled. Probably not and just be delayed, and that's fine. Just not an award without honoring it.

Actually, I'm thinking how bad it could get if there are vacancies that are filled outside of the ISL. XJ would have serious grounds for a grievance in this. I have no idea how the award would be filled. Probably not and just be delayed, and that's fine. Just not an award without honoring it.

Let's not start the "they took er jobz" routine quite yet. I'm hopeful that in the next week and before any more vacancies close they will figure out at least what's right and wrong. Our lec's are combining over the next month and will take up the issue on behalf of everyone. Clarification is needed for all, nobody is trying to plot as the list is out and we are all moving on. I think the easiest way to look at this is in the mindset that we all crossed the finish line of the marathon... We see where we ranked, feel we each could have done better, and after knowing the direction for 26.2 miles we are somehow not sure where the kegs are at the hospitality tent.

A little patience won't kill us.

Now where is the beer?!

Last edited:
Let's not start the "they took er jobz" routine quite yet. I'm hopeful that in the next week and before any more vacancies close they will figure out at least what's right and wrong. Our lec's are combining over the next month and will take up the issue on behalf of everyone. Clarification is needed for all, nobody is trying to plot as the list is out and we are all moving on. I think the easiest way to look at this is in the mindset that we all crossed the finish line of the marathon... We see where we ranked, feel we each could have done better, and after knowing the direction for 26.2 miles we are somehow not sure where the kegs are at the hospitality tent.

A little patience won't kill us.

Now where is the beer?!
I agree...mostly. Still stuck on this though. The process agreement laid out how vacancies would be handled throughout the merger, both before and after the ISL. Now it's out, and so is a vacancy. The process agreement should be followed, just as agreed upon. The fact that there is not a definitive date for the 60 day window, or the 5 year fences, should not matter. That date can be argued for, well... 52 or so more days with no consequences. The vacancy is out and closes soon. If the process agreement is not followed than there are individuals that will be awarded positions out of seniority order. Now ALPA does own the list, and maybe they haven't "released" it to management, but management implies that it is going to fill positions soon. They should be filled by the pilots in ISL order.

Patience I have, I don't care if the award is delayed or cancelled. I just have issues if our MECs allow it to be awarded out of seniority order. I don't subscribe to an idea of, "let them have this one" or "we'll work out the details later" the process is already defined an in place.

Latest resources

Back