• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When can AirTran dump ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of the basic realities of working under the Railway Labor Act is that almost every dispute between Labor and Management MUST be settled under the provisions of the RLA.

Specifically, they must be settled using the processes contained in our Contracts, Side Letters and Agreements. There are a few exceptions, like sexual discrimination, hostile workplace, and a few others. The rest of our issues MUST be pursued under the RLA, and in our case, that means the Dispute Resolution process we agreed to in the Process Agreement.

Otherwise, the first thing that happens when you take a complaint to a venue outside of the RLA is the Company makes a motion to dismiss, stating that the RLA requires these disputes to be filed under the provisions of the RLA, and, unless the claim falls under one of the things that are specifically exempt from the RLA, the Judge will dismiss your claim, wasting a whole lot of time and money.

Last edited:
It was a majority. A strong majority. The cowards just changed their minds after the fact when Gary started making more public his veiled threats. Hell, even some of the plaintiffs in the DFR lawsuit sent emails telling the MEC to vote down the first deal.

Ha,ha,ha. In your dreams. Not even close to a majority, who are you trying to kid?
And those "cowards" Those are the pilots you are paid to represent. Real nice but exactly what I expect from you.

Ha,ha,ha. In your dreams. Not even close to a majority, who are you trying to kid?
And those "cowards" Those are the pilots you are paid to represent. Real nice but exactly what I expect from you.

You know it could never be his fault, or ALPA's fault right? No matter how bad ALPA represented you, he'd never admit it. So he has the fall back position that it's YOUR fault. Very nice.

You know it could never be his fault, or ALPA's fault right? No matter how bad ALPA represented you, he'd never admit it. So he has the fall back position that it's YOUR fault. Very nice.

Sounds like a managements wet dream. What a maroon.

I think you read waaaaay too much into things, Dicko. I was merely commenting on airplane colors. Where did you get that I was expressing an opinion on who should represent you? Personally, I try to stay out of it. But since you just asked my opinion, I agree that ALPA should represent you while you're still on the AirTran side of the partition. Two reasons: 1) since it was them who negotiated your contract in the first place; and 2) since ALPA has filed a DRC complaint under the agreement set, which seemingly puts SWAPA in an adversarial position with respect to the interests of APLA (AirTran) members.

See, I'm agreeing with you. I'm an agreeable guy. Just ask anyone. Now I want you to agree that the planes aren't really "purple," as some nameless ALPA members have alleged.

Bubba

I agree. I'm ashamed to admit I kinda like the paint job.

Our 717's are supposed to be replaced on nearly a 1 to 1 basis.
The aircraft that are being used to replace the 717s are all aircraft that could have been used to grow SWA, not to provide seats for 1100 pilots who are no longer bringing seats to acquisition.

The aircraft that are being used to replace the 717s are all aircraft that could have been used to grow SWA, not to provide seats for 1100 pilots who are no longer bringing seats to acquisition.

"It wasn't do we grow Southwest, or do we buy AirTran? It was, we need AirTran, so we can grow in the future," Mr. Kelly said.

"It wasn't do we grow Southwest, or do we buy AirTran? It was, we need AirTran, so we can grow in the future," Mr. Kelly said.

So I'm sure in your world, Southwest would have withered up and died without AirTran. Gary 'needed' AirTran at the price he got them. Do you think if the deal cost double or triple he would have made that statement? Absolutely not.

To be honest, I think this acquisition will work out well once all the parts are moving efficiently and we can start firing on all cylinders.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back