Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saabs

FWIW ---

Training Center rumors from when I was there this summer, NWA is looking at the Q200/300/400.

Now that there isn't an airplane in the fleet than can go to Aspen, apparently they are looking at the Q400, and the smaller Q's to replace the Saab...

This could also just be the wet dreams of former Dash pilots though too, I dunno.

FWIW ---

Training Center rumors from when I was there this summer, NWA is looking at the Q200/300/400.

Now that there isn't an airplane in the fleet than can go to Aspen, apparently they are looking at the Q400, and the smaller Q's to replace the Saab...

This could also just be the wet dreams of former Dash pilots though too, I dunno.

Well, not entirely true. The 900 could go there, the problem is though the 900 performance is worlds apart from the underpowered 200 it has too many seats for ASE, so too hard to make any damn money. The avro ops into there rarely made much of a margin either. I for one hope (as I've heard from various people on property) that the Q400 does come in, otherwise there are a whole lot of small airport markets we would be walking away from. We'll see soon, the first 340B leases start expiring in 2010.

400vs900

Thats cool about the 900 I didn't know it could go into Aspen. Well, I stand corrected.. wonder if we'll start going there anytime soon.. probably not by the sounds of it.

FWIW ---

Then why did they drop the 200s for Saabs at the first place?

Here is some fuel for the fire. NWA can only get 90 76 regional jets unless they increase the mainline fleet on a 1:1 basis. They already have 72 on their way to mesaba and compass (together). That leaves 18 more that can come. I think they will excersize those options for either compass or XJ. NWA has options for something like 90 planes at EMB and 150 planes at Bombardier. What are those planes going to be if they have such scope limitations to adhere to? Here is a thought.

18 more 76 seaters

Bombardier Q series orders

a larger than 110 seat DC -9 replacement to adhere to scope for the NWA pilots

no more crj 200's since they are not cost effective in this high fuel world

NW has to keep XJ under the AC limit that would trigger a snap back in pay rates, for a while. They also need to build it into a 100 AC all jet fleet before they can spin it off in an IPO.

Wild guess

The remaining CR9's go to XJ along with the 17 200's from 9E

To make the fleet all jet the SF3's go to Colgan and more of 9E's fleet goes to XJ

If NW does place a Q order they go to Colgan and even more of 9E's 200 fleet goes to XJ

The first NW CRJ goes back to the lessor in May '10, two and half years from right now. After that 2 a month go back for a year and then three a month go back.

When NW has the CRJ fleet the way they want it at XJ Pinnacle Inc will file BK and shut down.

Pinnacle Corp then has a non union carrier at Colgan that has a large number of tuboprops and NW spins off XJ in an IPO

Then the whipsaw starts over again.

It's an old familiar feeling

NW has to keep XJ under the AC limit that would trigger a snap back in pay rates, for a while. They also need to build it into a 100 AC all jet fleet before they can spin it off in an IPO.

What are you talking about? All we need is 36 jets by Dec 1, 2008 to get the full snapback percentage for that date. We are on track to have over 36 jets by that date. We are already half way there with a full year to go. Even if something happened and deliveries stopped, we would get half of our snap back (with 18 total jets). If we get all of the planes we are currently allocated (or even 17 less than currently allocated) we will be at full snapback by Dec 1, 2009.

We all know that Mesaba and NWA mgt will trip all over themselves to steal an extra penny for their bonus checks. However, "snap back paranoia" is a bit over the top. The BK was all about beating down the price of Mesaba, and allowing NWA to pick it up for a song.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back