• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about we get back to the original topic???? This ridiculous banter between Yip and Shane is boring the $hit out of me.

What's the latest with Wheels Up?

How about we get back to the original topic???? This ridiculous banter between Yip and Shane is boring the $hit out of me.

Wheels Up is an entry level job that may have tremendous up side potential. Doesn't pay much now, but may grow into something. So when you take a job there you are not doing a dis-service to the "brotherhood" who ever thy might be.

Shane would probably blame this guy for destroying the pilot profession. (oldie fits here) I reported aboard CVAN-65 USS Enterprise in 1975. At that time civilian flying jobs a scarce. I meet this guy who is getting out, going to work for company doing overnight mail, paid $400/mo for a F/O's job, he had to use his GI bill for training in the right seat of the DA-20. The company must have had a gov't contract I thought with a name like Federal Express. He stayed at FedEx, ran across him at a CO's conference in the late 80's he was like a double-digit seniority number. All the preparation in the world does guarantee you are making the right choices. Shows you just never know about that job.

They(Gama)are currently hiring. And expanding their bases. PBI is next on the list. West Coast is probably next.

Thanks - finally an update! Some sanity on Flightinfo!

Thread drift sucks..................:crying::puke:
sanity FI in the same sentence?:confused:

Yes they are still hiring; and are slowly expanding their bases. How many right now is not known-but expect West Coast somewhere sometime in the next 12 months. Starting pay (more than TMC) is actually very good for FO's and CA's, but right now the sched blows at 6/3. Maybe that will change in the future-who knows. Stay tuned.

Sorry cant sift this thread for the info but : question -

Where to send a resume? Anyone have hiring process gouge?

Thanks.

Just heard that guys are arriving at training having been told they would be paid $80K as a street hire Captain and then told "oops, we're sorry, it's $70K." 6 on, 3 off.

Can anybody confirm?

I thought Kenny had some class. Might be wrong about that....

I thought Kenny had some class. Might be wrong about that....

Gut- from what I've heard about the place, Kenny is on the marketing side and the flight ops are being run by Gama Aviation who holds the 135 cert.

Maybe someone else can better describe the arrangement.

Am I lowering the bar when I took my present job at $42K/yr? I was unemployed and needed a job and at age 53 you don?t wait around too long for that next job. Did I do a disservice to the brotherhood by taking this management job.

BTW: a B-17 is a little airplane?

What are you managing for 42k/yr? A B-17?!

What are you managing for 42k/yr? A B-17?!
I was hired as Director of Training, so I guess I was managing the Airline's Training Effort. I made the FAA happy and the company took very good care of me. Did I do a dis-service to the brotherhood for a taking a job to start at $42K when I was unemployed?

" Yip Keep living in your happy little life dragging the rest of your fellow pilots down. And by the way they don't enjoy hanging out with you at the airport with there little airplanes"

As far as the B-17 thing, that was in response to a post to me that I just hang around airports and fly my little airplanes, I was just asking if the posters considered a B-17 a little airplane

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back