• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what is the latest at WU? How many pilots on staff now and how many 350's are on the certificate? How is the schedule (if any) and how are the line checks going?

Are they still hiring?

Thanks.

Yes they are still hiring; and are slowly expanding their bases. How many right now is not known-but expect West Coast somewhere sometime in the next 12 months. Starting pay (more than TMC) is actually very good for FO's and CA's, but right now the sched blows at 6/3. Maybe that will change in the future-who knows. Stay tuned.

Your Funny

Y Keep living in your happy little life dragging the rest of your fellow pilots down. And by the way they don't enjoy hanging out with you at the airport with there little airplanes.
I am having fun with this. Where have I been dragging the rest of your fellow pilots down? I love the profession, that is why I have stuck it out through tick and thin. What I see here, is I expose a reality of this business that is ugly, it is the reality of the business. You are only successful based upon a seniority number; although your skill may be good it is no better than mine. You were hired because you were lucky, you were in the right place at the right time. That is a fact of life. So defend to the ends of the earth the profession you were lucky enough to succeed by your definition of success.

But you are not a better person that I am because you are a ?real? pilot and I am on-demand pilot flying out of KYIP. I am so sorry you are all so unhappy. I consider myself one of the luckiest guys in the world to have lived out a childhood dream. I have flown in the Navy, landed on aircraft carriers, flown all over the world, and flown in direct combat support. I would change little, I am truly happy. If you are unhappy, it is not my fault or the fault of anyone on this board.

Am I lowering the bar when I took my present job at $42K/yr? I was unemployed and needed a job and at age 53 you don?t wait around too long for that next job. Did I do a disservice to the brotherhood by taking this management job.

BTW: a B-17 is a little airplane?

Last edited:
What in HELL is your problem?

You need to start working on getting a life.

If you don't like the cold hard raw truth then block me. I'm tired of being politically correct and worrying about hurting someone's feelings. Guys like pyip are a disgrace to every pilot out thee that thinks maybe a pilot is just a half inch more respectable job then a ditch digger. Guys like pyip give this profession the bad name it has come to deserve. We are nothing more than ditch diggers without the pay, benefits, and 401k match.
Just a old washed up loser thats gotta brag I did this I did that!! Whoopty dooo. And you dragged your profession to the bottom by being a ass kissing yes man congratulations your career is complete. NOW RETIRE!

If you don't like the cold hard raw truth then block me. I'm tired of being politically correct and worrying about hurting someone's feelings. Guys like pyip are a disgrace to every pilot out thee that thinks maybe a pilot is just a half inch more respectable job then a ditch digger. Guys like pyip give this profession the bad name it has come to deserve. We are nothing more than ditch diggers without the pay, benefits, and 401k match.
Just a old washed up loser thats gotta brag I did this I did that!! Whoopty dooo. And you dragged your profession to the bottom by being a ass kissing yes man congratulations your career is complete. NOW RETIRE!

Not sure you have delivered much "cold hard raw truth"...whatever that is...more like a bunch of gas from a guy in misery because he made a bad career choice. It appears you failed in meeting your dreams and don't believe that you are to blamed.

Also, can you do something about your spelling...it's pretty dreadful.

Shames,

What exactly have you contributed to uplifting your fellow pilots other than talking smack? You're such a hypocrite! You said yourself that your company is leading the race to the bottom. How long have you worked there? It's not like you recently took a pay cut, you've always been at the bottom. Again, introduce yourself to a mirror and stop blaming others for your own crappy place in life. I have absolutely no respect for anyone that bitches about their job for years on end. It's either not that bad and you actually like it, or your schity attitude is preventing you from getting something better. Which is it?

Last edited:
Oh please. My spelling. That's the best you got? I'm typing on a iPhone and it's called a typo not a spelling mistake. But let's sidetrack the subject with something stupid like a typo error go kiss some more ass mr yes man

Oh please. My spelling. That's the best you got? I'm typing on a iPhone and it's called a typo not a spelling mistake. But let's sidetrack the subject with something stupid like a typo error go kiss some more ass mr yes man

Whew...you don't know how comforting it is to hear that we have you locked and loaded at all times on your iPhone! That's important and it is appreciated that you are willing to spend precious time, and data resources, letting us know how we're messing up your life.

Do you also stay up to speed with the latest news from TMZ regarding Justin Bieber and Alec Baldwin with your device?

Last edited:
Guys like pyip are a disgrace to every pilot out thee that thinks maybe a pilot is just a half inch more respectable job then a ditch digger. Guys like pyip give this profession the bad name it has come to deserve.
Yes you have discovered how I singlehandedly destroyed this profession, de-reg, low cost air carriers, "B" scale, and scope causes had nothing to do with the the "race to the bottom" you were referring to, it was all my fault.
BTW Anyone with a certain level of skill and desire can fly an airplane, if you are looking for respect because you can make a takeoff and landing in jet, well that sounds pretty shallow.

Latest resources

Back