Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry cant sift this thread for the info but : question -

Where to send a resume? Anyone have hiring process gouge?

Thanks.

Climbto350 has an ad with link to apply...

Um, the 350i has 55 cu ft of interior, accessible baggage space (+ wing lockers) and a separate flushable lav with sink. And it'll haul 8 pax and bags with a full load of gas. The hauling capacity beats most super-mid bizjets, if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.beechcraft.com/beechcraft/king_air_350i/assets/documents/Beech_350i_Brochure.pdf

Yes, it's still a turboprop, so it has the image issue to overcome. But for short regional ops it's as quick as a jet and can get in and out of more places. I have no idea about Wheels up's pricing compared to the charter market. Looks like he's trying to offer a frax-like product, and attach a frax-like premium. I think it's a niche market and don't know if it will support a company, but the 350's a capable bird for the right profile.

Thats cool if you are a "1 Percenter" and bouncing along at FL220 with 8 of your closest buddies is your thing. :erm:

Now if all you do is fly back and forth to The Vinyaaahd or to go short distances, heck yea this makes sense.

Good luck to all!

Thats cool if you are a "1 Percenter" and bouncing along at FL220 with 8 of your closest buddies is your thing. :erm:

Now if all you do is fly back and forth to The Vinyaaahd or to go short distances, heck yea this makes sense.

Good luck to all!

Isn't the KA350 rated up to FL350?

Is it? If so under what conditions can it cruise at FL350? I don't doubt it is a capable aircraft but it is exactly what it is.

With a cabin altitude of 11,000', after 2 drinks, grandma will be sawing logs.

Is it? If so under what conditions can it cruise at FL350? I don't doubt it is a capable aircraft but it is exactly what it is.

The sweet spot for the B350 is FL270-FL290. I used to either fly VFR at 16/17500, or went up to 27-290. That said, I have cruised at FL350. I don't remember how long it was before I went up since it was a long time ago, but I did fly non-stop KSNS-KSBN on that leg. What I remember most is the headache I got from many hours in the 10K+ foot cabin. It's a very capable airplane, and a heck of a lot of fun to fly, but FL350 and Cross-country cruiser are not exactly in it's wheelhouse. That said, Popping up to FL350 to get over weather is certainly possible unless you're carrying a big load and have enough fuel to go a long way. Sorry, CRS prevents me from being more specific.

Last edited:
Any idea on how many former Avantair pilots have been picked up by WU? What's the mix of newhires looking like?

About five former VNR guys have been hired over there. All real good guys to fly with too.

Latest resources

Back