• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's With Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Griz I'm betting you don't either. If you look at his ratings it says he's a Captain in the BBJ and a GIV. However he says he is waiting for his slot at South West. If he is PIC for such a rocking flight department, why would he leave?

I suspect the "attitudes" are fictitious only to make us at NetJets look bad as perhaps his flight department might be making the common transition over to NetJets permanently.

Seen this one too many times and it's unfortunate that anyone has to lose their jobs when a flight department closes. But I do know that NetJets pretty much always tries to give the displaced flight crews priority for job placement with us.

I'm done with this thread. Could see through this one from the beginning. He's allowed to be disgruntled but shouldn't slander our pilots. It's too small of a world in this industry.

Regards

Mach92 said:
Bally,

Do me a favor when you get to DAL for training make sure you tell everyone on day ONE you hate unions and wearing a "pin" is not seen as professional. The wearing of a union pin is in support of OUR union and OUR brother pilots. Netjets owners fully understand we are UNION before they sign up. Your going to SWA the most unionized airline of them all hmmmm good luck!

Just my opinion

Bally won't have too hard a time here finding pilots that don't much care for unions.

Griz said:

Also, our line briefs are confidential documents. I can't imagine a NetJets crew just showing them to someone at an FBO...even if he is a pilot associated with one of our customers. That is even more true if the crew actually screwed the pooch on this one. Why on earth would they go around telling folks in the FBO that they screwed up and showing proof of it to anyone in earshot. I have a serious bulls@#t alert going off about this.

So I'm laying down a challenge. Bally, send me a private message with the name of the customer and the date of the flight. I'll contact the powers that be in CMH and let them know that we had a customer that wasn't taken care of properly. If there actually was a problem, our Owner Services department is probably already aware of it and it has been solved.

Your framing of what the original poster said is a joke. He never said they "went around telling", I'm sure they were confronted as to why they were late, and the "someone associated"(as you put it) with your customer was pilot in direct employ of the CEO. Someone contracts you for supplemental lift for their in-house flight department and on the 1st trip you think the people from the Co.'s Av Dept. will just sit at home wondering if the new entity (you) will perform as advertized? Yeah right.

I gotta laugh at your notion that your line briefs are "confidential documents". I hate to tell you this, but an outside company of any type is by nature more of a confidentiality risk that one's own in-house flight dept., and the aforementioned " associate" of the CEO could very well be person who originally provided your company the info of which FBO the CEO always uses, among other things, like his itinerary. If they were late, he'd want to know if the crew had been provided the correct info or was something lost in translation. Of course you're gonna get checked up on for a lot of things. If you're merely being used for supplemental lift for an existing flight dept, believe me, you're continually getting audited on at least the basics of service by them in addition to your own company.

How do I know? Because I've done it as an employee and also on a contract basis. If a crew "screwed the pooch" (especially on a first use of your service) and my boss had expected me to be there to monitor things, yes indeed I would wind up seeing the brief sheet, to help ensure it didn't happen again and give my opinons later.

The bigger joke is your challenge. Supposedly you're some kind self-appointed expert on cofidentiality, but in reality you are a nameless, faceless entity on an internet message board, and you expect him to PM you info on his boss? You represent a breakdown of confidentiality at this point. That you don't realize this speaks volumes as far as how much your head is truly in the corporate world, where most of your customers lie. Your "bull$hit detector's" Additionally, I hardly thinks he needs you (or think he needs you) to go to your employers with a problem. Bally asks a few simple questions, makes some suggestions, and winds up being called a liar, and invited to engage in a pi$$ing contest.

It's a good thing your management understands how these supplemental lift relationships work, and that your attitude doesn't prevail. You'd never renew a contract.

Hey Griz I think CatYaaak is this guys F/O or at least works with him. Who knows CatYaaak might just be his other alias...kinda hides and then rushes in on the sidelines to his defense.

I wonder if a search through the various threads would show yackup defending his friend?

Care to search?

BrnJetFuel said:
Hey Griz I think CatYaaak is this guys F/O or at least works with him. Who knows CatYaaak might just be his other alias...kinda hides and then rushes in on the sidelines to his defense.

I wonder if a search through the various threads would show yackup defending his friend?

Care to search?

Uh, whatever :rolleyes:

But hey, you guys keep on posting. The fact that displaying these attitudes and what your focus is in writing, for anyone to see, certainly doesn't seem to be slowing you down. Very revealing for the uninitiated, and confirming for those of us that are.

Here's a quick, impromptu survey for ya Brn, Griz, and anyone else: Rank the following entities (from highest to lowest) in order of which is most important in your business.

Your company's management, The fractional "owner", Your union.

Griz said:
I'm assuming you work for one of our competitors, thus the attitude toward NetJets. I could be wrong, however.

You are right about being wrong. In fact, all your assumptions are as wrong as they can be. Brn's too, which isn't suprising given your tendency to "answer" any point with re-directing the question, or mis-casting what was originally said by others.

For instance, what gave you idea I have an (as you say above) "attitude toward NetJets"? I certainly never derided NetJets at any time, and on the contrary I think they are the best at what they do. Do you assign me this supposed attitude because you can't engage in a discussion without lowering it to a "my dad's better than your dad" fight?

To the original poster your response was to basically call him a liar, then throw down a ridiculous challenge to "prove" to you who he is by publicly divulging Company information. He asked a question about corporate policy, and while most answered well, a few such as yourself automatically turned it into something personal.

I merely pointed out that the premise you used .... that nobody else would ever know the crew's mistake or "be in the loop"....is also patently since I've been involved in the very type of supplemental-lift relationship he explained from the corporate side in different capacities as far back as when you were still PFT-ing for Citation SIC check-outs over there.

Can't help it - I normally don't get involved in these deeply angry frac issues - but I have to ask - regarding: "our line briefs are confidential documents. I can't imagine a NetJets crew just showing them to someone at an FBO..." do you mean the faxed line briefs I see laying in the open everywhere, on desks at FBOs, flight planning rooms, in pilot lounges, etc? It would be interesting to see how many I could "collect" next week. Corporate aviation is not as secure that we think or advertise it to be - I am as guilty as everyone else..........

:eek:

Take the post for what it is- BS- to the highest order...
Guy is just trying to start some crap..

And he did a good job..

ok

Brnjetfuel and Griz,

You two are right on !
I just came home from a trip and read all of this and Bally and Catyaaak are so far out in right field.

Irapilot,

Based on the response to my thread, it is evident that overall, Netjet pilots take pride in their work. A very good thing. Like I said, I have no vested interest in Netjets or any fractional since I will have the privledge to be flying for an airline.

I am also impressed and appreciative of all those suggesting contacts to address the incident. Awesome. Again, this shows pride in the Netjet pilot corp.

As far as the confidentiality of Netjet Trip Sheets, all I can say is what I experienced. When the airplane taxied up to the Executive ramp in LAS, I met the airplane and asked the PIC to show me the trip sheet so I could help determine why the airplane was waiting at the wrong FBO. The PIC freely showed me the trip sheet.

Like I said in my original message, mistakes happen. Hec, I have had some winners. The fact that the FBO was in font size 3, and EJA pilots are use to going to Signature is a reasonable set up for an error. My point was the atitude of the crew, which appears to be an anomolly.

As far as the union pin. Relax ya all. It is just my point of view. There are certaintly valid points on both sides. I just take the view point of a low profile. Wearing or not wearing the pin will not destroy the world or solve the Middle East crises.

Lets remember that we are very privledged to be aviaotors no matter where we work, or what union we take pride in. Also remember that there are people foriging for twigs in Pakastan. We have it made!!!

Latest resources

Back