What's With Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bally

The company I have worked for for the past nine years purhased a quarter share of a Hawker to supplement our in-house fleet. Netjet's first trip for our CEO was a pick-up at the Executive Terminal in LAS.

The crew mistakingly went to Signature resulting in a 40 minute delay for the boss, while they figured out the error. Upon their arrival to the correct FBO, I personaly greeted the crew and read on their Trip Sheet that the pick-up was in fact The Executive Terminal. I guess Netjet's is used to always going to Signature.

While mistakes do happen, I was amazed at the atitude of the flight crew. With their union pins on their uniform, they did not seem at all concerned about the fact that the CEO of a Fortune 50 Corp was delayed for 40 minutes. By they way. they figured out only after a call from Disptach that they were at the wrong FBO. After taxing to the other side of the field, the crew did not even have the courtesy to acknoledge the mistake and seemed to make little effort to ensure a quick turn . The so-called PIC did not even ask our CEO if there was anything they could get him while he waited on the airplane while they sorted things out.

If this is the culture of Netjet crews, I for the life of me can not understand how owners tolerate this atitude. Has Netjets gotten too big? I sure do hope that this was an isolated experience.

I would be interested to hear from other Netjet pilots.

absolutly a minority

I have been with Netjets for 14months and find that crews generally go out of their way to make passengers feel safe and comfortable. Now when a company does get as big as we have become there are always going to be a few bad apples that slip through the cracks. I believe we are a positive hard working and efficient pilot group. Contract negotiations are proceeding painfully slow which has resulted in some bitter attitudes not usually so apparent. I assure you this is an isolated incident. If your CEO called Customer support, the pilots were definately diciplined for their calous manor and a note will be issued on future brief sheets.

superfly

I can assure that this was an isolated incident. Can't explain the attitude of the PIC. I would encourage you to please call 18002285000 and ask for the Hawker Program Manager and tell him what happened. If thisa PIC has that kind of attitude we don't want him either. As a former military and airline pilot I can assure you that in my 7 plus years flying for Netjets I have not flown with a more professional group of pilots.

I don't fly for NJA, but for one of their competitors. I have to say that the situation you described is definitely not the norm for crews from ANY of the fracs. I don't know how common it is for a crew to go to the wrong FBO, but the nonchalant attitude you experienced is not common. We all know it is an extremely service oriented business. I hope your CEO made an official complaint.

With their union pins on their uniform,

What does the fact they wore a union pin mean? I wear mine every day.

I've been with NJA for many years now and what you explain has happened on very rare occasions. If it was on the brief sheet then it more than likely was the crews fault. Now, as to attitude of the crew, I find that just a little difficult to believe.

As a pilot for this company of yours, a big Fractional sharing some of your flying no doubt makes you a little nervous and perturbed. And understandably so. No matter how you "greeted them" when they were 40 minutes late, I'm sure that they were apologetic and sympathetic. With the many variables in this job, we get quite good at it. We've also been threatened by flight departments when we show up on thier turf. And that too is unfortunate.

I'm sure you wont see this problem again. I hope. However we are number one in the industry because we really do care about safety and courteous and professional service. And unfortunately oversites to occur on rare occasions.

Wish you the best relationship with us at NJA and may we both grow together.

Regards

Last edited:
BrnJetFuel,

I am not at all threatened by Netjets. First of all, the company I work for is financially stable and has had a flight department for over 30 years. Second, I plan to be in a class at Southwest Airlines next month.

I was simply suprized to see the atitude of this particular flight crew. Based on the response to my initial message, it appears that Netjet pilots generally take pride in their work, and that this was infact an isolated case.

As far as the comment about the Union Pin on the PIC's uniform. It is my humble opinion that wearing a Teamsters pin in not appropriate for a corporate pilot flying many differerent business people.

When a pilot is flying my CEO, who may not have a great love of the Teamsters or unions in general, and the PIC then provides poor service, the CEO in this case will wonder why his company has expended significant resources to buying a share in an organization with a union that does not, in this one isolated case, understand the ethic that our CEO expects.

When flying an array of high profile business people, it seems to me that the pilot corp should be ultra professional and maintain a low generic profile. No tatoos, earings, or Teamster pins. Remember, you are not an airline, and you have direct face contact with the passengers, many of which run companies that employ hundreds of thousands of workers. You have jobs because people like my boss ELECTED to expend significant resources to buying into your program. It seems to me that for the purpose of keeping your job secure, you would not want of "offend" anyone who may find a pin wearing pilot offensive. Remember, most CEO's and business types are not all that fond of unions.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Sorry

Sorry, testing to see if my avtar works.

Bally,

Do me a favor when you get to DAL for training make sure you tell everyone on day ONE you hate unions and wearing a "pin" is not seen as professional. The wearing of a union pin is in support of OUR union and OUR brother pilots. Netjets owners fully understand we are UNION before they sign up. Your going to SWA the most unionized airline of them all hmmmm good luck!

Just my opinion

Latest resources

Back