Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach92
'
I am not at all against unions. I grew up in Flint MI. Both my parents were in the UAW and worked at Fisher Body. I worked at AC Spark Plug for six years/

Try reading my message again (slowly) on the rationale for maintaining a low profile. It is not at all about being anti-union.

Last edited:
Sorry, testing to see if my avtar works.

Unfortunately ... yes.

Minh

(That dude is SCAREY!) :D

Bally,

I am sorry to read about this oversite with your boss. I am sure the company will find an acceptable solution.

As for the crew. I am sure, if reported, they did a carpet dance of sorts in CMH. That attitude is not the norm. I, and 99% of the pilots here understand the customer is number one. There is simply no excuse for this attitude.

As for my union pin. I believe I will continue to wear it for two reasons. First. I am proud of our union. They are my voice to the company, as well as, my safety net. Second. I believe the customer should know we are represented by a union. The company, and pilots should not hide the fact. I am guesssing your boss knew this before he bought into the program.

You did, unintentionally, insulted all unions when you equated a union pin with a tatoo, or ear ring. The pin represents a great deal more to me, and my family.

Best Wishes to All.

infoman said:
Second. I believe the customer should know we are represented by a union.

Interesting that you feel that the customer should know this. Do you really think he cares, except for possibly negatively for the reasons Bally gave? My guess is that he probably knows his boss better than you do, and didn't you yourself say that the customer is #1? To many CEOs, union pins represent labor strife, and I guess I don't understand why you think that showcasing the union you use to represent you in bargaining internally with your management trumps this. Your Union isn't your safety net....not pissing-ff (for whatever reason) your high-paying customers is. Oh well, by sporting those pins there's no doubt who delivered him the service, especially if it were an attitude problem since that's obviously up to the individual.

Perhaps instead of worrying about the customer knowing you are represented by a union (and I still wonder, why should he care), it would be better to worry about who is representing your union to the customer.

Mach92 said:
Bally,

Do me a favor when you get to DAL for training make sure you tell everyone on day ONE you hate unions and wearing a "pin" is not seen as professional. The wearing of a union pin is in support of OUR union and OUR brother pilots. Netjets owners fully understand we are UNION before they sign up.

Think you're rabid enough Mach92? He explained to you that from his experience, "professional" in the corporate world meant low-profile and generic. After 13 years in the corporate world, I agree with him (and I've been in ALPA, so please spare me the speech). While you're off on some thug-rant, HE's thinking about YOUR customer's satisfaction....you know...the guy who ultimately pays your salary and to keep fuel in that mx-hog you fly. Now, what's wrong with that picture?

Don't you get it? The next person you try and berate on this board could also be the guy advising his CEO whether or not to buy a share in your company, or somebody else. Even now, you are making an impression of what your priorities are to any who read this, and know you wear that pin.

Cat Yaak,

Why is it that you think of labor strife when you see a union pin. The union is simply my voice when it comes to negotiating a contract.

The clients already know we are a represented group. The people we fly are also seeing that a union represented person is capable of doing a great job. I am proud of the fact that I, and 99% of our group deliver every day. If that pin meant bad service. We would not be in business today. One knuckle head does not represent the group.

NJA success has come, with our pilot group in bulk, wearing the pins. I do not understand why this is bad. Everyday in America union represented people go out there, and do a great job.

The simple fact is, I have worn it 6+ years, and will continue. No client has ever commented. Oh yea, I also wear the American flag on my lapel. I guess this makes me insensative to all people not from the U.S. who I fly.

The safety net issue. It's not me being allowed to piss off the client. The safety net issue, allows me to make safety related decision, and not haveing to worry about being second guest by a none aviation person. This enhances safety.

I will finish this post out with this. I have worked both union, and none union. NJA is successful for one reason. They give me the tools to succeed. That is why I stayed. This place put the fun back into flying.

Best Wishes to All.

Bally,

Friend of mine that does not post on this board request that you post the name of the flight department, the date of the flight and any other info you have about this flight. He will insure that the incidence will be reported to the proper department. Your post has upset him as he finds it difficult to accept that any EJA pilots would act in such a manner. First he thinks the crew would be very concern that the company would find out about the instance and do everything possible with the owners to make amends. EJA will not tolerate such behavior as you described and their jobs would be in danger. Second your remark about the union pins he feels is not called for and not justified. He was wondering if this could be a post from just an anti union pilot. If you feel you can not post this info you can email it to me and I will send it to him.

Aspiring to be,
I finally reached the point of having to respond. Every time you post, it has to do with your friend, yes, the one fired by Options! As an Options pilot, I have never responded before as to why they were fired, but have read way too much about it. In my opinion, they opened their mouths at the wrong time! I will liken it to attending morning or afternoon PT, and hollering out that my DI is a d__k___d! Now does that make any kind of sense? I would definately be doing laps until HE was tired!! Your friend and his buddies decided to open their mouths without knowing their environment first. They did not "check the weather" before calling attention to themselves. They acted stupidly (does not MEAN their stupid), and thus paid dearly. Tell your friend to start talking, requesting, and posting for himself. You come across as to much of an errand boy. No offense!

Apeman

Apeman, you took the words right out of my mouth. You hit it right on the head about being an errand boy. Every post from Aspiring to be, starts with "my friend".

Aspring, if your friend had some balls he would be posting on here himself. No go along and tell him you were bashed on this board. Then come back with his response or better yet tell "your friend" to post here himself.

Latest resources

Back