• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on TAB EXPRESS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BUT NO ONE HAS ANSWER MY QUESTION, WHERE IN THE COUNTRY CAN YOU FLY A KING AIR JUST TO GET ALL YOUR RATINGS?

For the amount of money you are throwing away I can think of about 5 operators off hand that would love to let you train in the older 90's. I am sure they will even paint the "fake" boots on the wings that you guys made famous with the black paint and as a bonus a red carpet will even be placed for when you get on and off plane. For the right money (especially the kinda money you are throwing away) this proposal is very possible.

3 5 0

Flamebait and/or blackball alert

MEXICANFLYBOY said:
[T]hats a job that I paid for it, as longs the bank pays for it first, I am ok with that. as longs I am getting time on that king air and 1900, that say it all.
Why does this sound something like the Citibank identity theft commercials on TV:

"It's not like it cost me anything . . . . " with the motor oil commercial thrown in:

"You can pay now . . . . or pay later."

Yessir, that King Air and 1900 time is all that matters. You betcha, Captain Faust. Give my regards to your buddy, TABExpressF/O.
BUT NO ONE HAS ANSWER MY QUESTION, WHERE IN THE COUNTRY CAN YOU FLY A KING AIR JUST TO GET ALL YOUR RATINGS?

ANYONE! ANYONE! ANYONE?
You don't have to shout. I like the idea for its own sake - I really do - but it's not practical for the money. You can get your ratings in, G-d forbid, a mere recip twin and save a bunch of money. Let's say you budgeted $55K for TAB. You could get all your ratings, including all CFI ratings, at a quality 141 school and graduate with real credentials that will get you work faster. All you leave with from TAB is Commercial-Instrument-Multi (I don't know if you get Commercial Single). Those are not enough to get you work in the real world. I, for one, would certainly not put all my eggs in TAB's promise basket.

Last edited:
350 Driver, really? do they really get students like me on that place you are talking about? please, send me an email where I can contact them. Where are these guys located? thanks

Bobbysamd, not a commercial from citibank, but a commercial from Key bank, as longs the banks pay for it first, thats what it really counts, as longs it doesn't come out of my pocket now, I know I will have to pay that after graduation, thats about close to 2 years from now, by that time I will be somewhere.
I can always die before making my first payment, but I can take my ratings with me, and oh yea, I will die happy with my ratings :) and that will be a Bank write off, or they can send me those bills to my cementary lot.

MEXICANFLYBOY said:
I know I will have to pay that after graduation, thats about close to 2 years from now, by that time I will be somewhere.

Somewhere making $15000/ yr with $60k loan.

I can always die before making my first payment....

dear God...is this a Part 67 issue? "That debt might not be too bad because I could die first."

(Note to self: Do not respond to flamebait)

MEXICANFLYBOY said:
Bobbysamd, not a commercial from citibank, but a commercial from Key bank, as longs the banks pay for it first, thats what it really counts, as longs it doesn't come out of my pocket now, I know I will have to pay that after graduation, thats about close to 2 years from now, by that time I will be somewhere.
Shouldn't that be as "long" as it doesn't come out of my pocket now?

That TAB Cola they're giving you sure tastes good, doesn't it? Yes. Paying off more debt for the money you borrowed to get a CFI because you got nothing beyond your TAB P-F-T "job."

More realistically, that "somewhere" will be at (1) K-Mart, (2) Home Depot, (3) Bed, Bath & Beyond, (4) Target, (5) McDonald's. Your KingAir turbine experience and B1900 type rating will certainly help you get that Mickey D burner job.

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
I can always die before making my first payment....
deadstick said:
dear God...is this a Part 67 issue? "That debt might not be too bad because I could die first."
Funny!!! :D

Is that something like, "Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse?"

Key loans

I checked out the Key loan www and was amazed. I think I could get a better rate down at the bar from Vinnie the Nose. After the fees and everything, you ought to see what that $55k "really" is after 20 yrs.

350 Driver, really? do they really get students like me on that place you are talking about? please, send me an email where I can contact them. Where are these guys located? thanks

Slow down there young man, > no need to go prancing around like a dog in heat. I could think of quite a few operators from people I personally know who are owner/operators, those tied in with Eagle Jet Intl., Ameriflight, etc, etc, the list can go on and on and on and on.. I am sure they would even give you more of that Tab Cola that you are slurping free of charge if you are extra nice to them. They are not really advertising because very seldom does someone as foolish and nieve as you are come to the table to "buy" that seat. I can assure you that you wave that amount of money around and you would be free to play with the radios and the gear, he!! you may even be able to get a little jet time out of it.

I would not slurp that garbage down to quickly since once you hit the real world the fun and games are going to pretty much come to an abrupt end. Enjoy the King Air vacation while it lasts...

bye bye

3 5 0

OR

Or I could of gone to www.ratings.com and get them for cheap!!, and save myself a lot of cash.

any how thanks for your concerns, and yes, if I had my old boeing job, I would of stay over there in Seattle, and do my ratings slowly. I guess things happen for a reason. If it meant to be, it will be, if not, oh well, at least I did try.

Latest resources

Back