• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on TAB EXPRESS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I request that you listen to what some of us have to say instead of commenting on the small things that aren't important. In fact, I cannot recall one instance where you have countered my post with a factual argument. I will retract my offensive last line a few posts back. However, I request that in return you open up a little, while listening to what I'm saying.

I do not think "undercutting" the industry is a "small thing". I think we have countered every one of your posts with factual replies whether you like it or not. The problem is that what we are saying you do not like it, sometimes the truth does hurt young one. Give it ten or so years and you will be able to look back on your trek. Why would people who know the industry and know the difference between right and wrong open up to this BS? I kind of thought so...

3 5 0

Here's an interesting fact....

I was checking out the Gulfstream website today and I noticed four major airline pilots wrote letters of recommendation for the academy....part of Gulfstream's marketing. You know....you should go to Gulfstream because these major airline pilots think it's a good idea....giving the impression that major airline pilots think PFT is a great way to go.

Well, I noticed three of the four were senior at Continental and that got me to thinking...they couldn't be scabs, could they?

It took me about 20 minutes to find a copy of the ALPA scab list on-line, download it, and cross reference the names on Gulfstreams site to the names on the list.

Two are scabs, 100%, no doubt, on the list. The third one signed his name with a very slightly different first name than a guy on the list....I'm 99% sure it's the same guy (Rick=Richard, same last name, airline pilot quals, lives near IAH).

Very interesting.....

Couldn't Gulfstream at least find a few more non-scabs to recommend their program.

P-F-T, con AND pro

The_Russian said:
[A]ll you seem to do is rip me and my comrades up with your own propaganda. All I am trying to do is give you facts and all you can do in return is correct my spelling and grammar, then return to your bashing. Everythime you respond to my posts, you interpret my quotes as you would like to hear them said, not as they are . . . .
I'm merely trying to interject my comments around your streams of diatribe; the best of which were the ones previously cited.

As far as propaganda goes, please notice that I support my positions with information publicly available on the Gulfstream Academy website. I also try to include a little common sense, e.g., warning people to be careful about what they sign, to get promises in writing, that something that sounds too good to be true probably is, etc.
With as much popularity as you have on this site I would expect you to be more open minded that you have been. There are others out there that support me and my efforts. I assume that they are afraid to respond on this forum because you will slice their posts into segments and alter as you see fit. I do not believe this is acceptable. I request that you listen to what some of us have to say instead of commenting on the small things that aren't important.
As far as facts and opinions to support Gulfstream P-F-T are concerned, allow me to present a pro-P-F-T argument:

-You get 250 hours of 121 time as a paid First Officer for Gulfstream International Airlines.

-You get 250 hours of turbine SIC time.

-You get the possibility of an interview at Gulfstream for a full-time job with good LORs. More likely is the possibilty of an interview with Pinnacle.

-You might be able to jump-start your professional aviation career and avoid the drudgery of flight instructing, 135 night freight in dilapidated Lances, Grand Canyon tours in ancient Stationaires, the unfairness of having to work for years for lousy companies for lousy pay, and having to eat TV dinners for one's main meal.
(I wasn't that into Ramen. I know of others who drove freight and flew ditch tours.)

-Pronouncements of being shunned by your peers and being blackballed at the board interview are speculative, at best.

How is that for the other side, Russian?

I am old-school. I do not believe in purchasing any kind of a job. I do not believe that any job is worth purchasing. Sorry, Russian, as long as Gulfstream is paying you even $8 per hour for FO work, that is employment. I do not believe in paying large amounts of money for something where my chances are not assured. If I wanted to do that, I'd go to Vegas. I've had three careers and started at the beginning at all three. I have always believed that loyalty and hard work eventually will provide its rewards.

I believe that obtaining a "job" via P-F-T gets you off on the wrong foot with your employer. Your employer will think that he can take advantage of you in other ways after he sees you're willing to buy a job from him. Having been taken advantage of by many employers in my life, that is something I cannot abide. I don't know how old you are, Russian, but I suspect that you are much younger than me. Not wanting to be taken advantage of by an employer should become apparent to you as you get older. Not undercutting your peers is also important.

Given time, your qualifications should be good enough to get you in the door without having to pay for the job. In line with that, buying a job is detrimental to you, personally.
I cannot recall one instance where you have countered my post with a factual argument.
See link to Gulfstream Academy, above. Also see this link to TAB Express.
I request that in return you open up a little, while listening to what I'm saying.
I believe that I have all along. See my brief pro and con analysis of P-F-T, above.

As far as your presentation of facts, please provide.

Last edited:
Re: Here's an interesting fact....

de727ups said:
I was checking out the Gulfstream website today and I noticed four major airline pilots wrote letters of recommendation for the academy....part of Gulfstream's marketing. You know....you should go to Gulfstream because these major airline pilots think it's a good idea....giving the impression that major airline pilots think PFT is a great way to go.

Well, I noticed three of the four were senior at Continental and that got me to thinking...they couldn't be scabs, could they?

It took me about 20 minutes to find a copy of the ALPA scab list on-line, download it, and cross reference the names on Gulfstreams site to the names on the list.

Two are scabs, 100%, no doubt, on the list. The third one signed his name with a very slightly different first name than a guy on the list....I'm 99% sure it's the same guy (Rick=Richard, same last name, airline pilot quals, lives near IAH).

I think you're on to something. This info has been out for a while, that Gulfstream is run by scabs. But, what is the #4 guy's deal?

Gulfstream is indeed run AND owned by a Scab.

But that does NOT make the pilots who fly there Scabs. Gulfstream is a Union airline. Teamsters to be specific.

STUDENT AT TAB

yes, I had read your comments, and I don't want to answer all the questions, but I just want to let you guys know, that is not the perfect school on the world, but its one of the best I had seen. Where will you get Turbine time with just your Private? and get your PMEL on the king air? IFR and Commercial on the King air, if there is another school that fly king air, please let me know.

Yes, its expensive, but the bank is paying for it right now, I don't need to pay for it, after 6 months after graduation. Thats Why I moved from Seattle, Washington just to come over here. Basically the school is like airline boot camp, its hard, but its worth it.

The school airline will be staring on April 1 flying 1900, so all the grads will be having a job, they will get $25 an hour, about 20 hours a week, they will be flying all over the State of Florida. I guess, its a good school with an airline to work with.

Yes, they will pay for your training, if you stay with them for 3 years, I still haven't decide if I want to stay or go with Colgan, but going to Colgan, I have to spit $18,000K money that I don't have. Maybe take a loan to pay for that, beside the bank will guarantee me that I will live 20 years to pay for that Loan, isn't that a nice? The Bank is giving you a previlage to live 20 years to pay for that. I am poor guy, with no money, so I took this advantage that the bank will pay for everything. I can always go bankrupt if things don't go as good. :cool:

Ha Ha Ha

OK, 'fess up, bobbysamd, 350, Bueller...?

MEXICANFLYBOY is a bit over the top, guys. Who's going to claim this one? Ha Ha Ha. He can't have a PMEL...

§ 61.103 Eligibility requirements: General.
c) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.

Any takers?

P-F-T STUDENT AT TAB

Originally posted by MEXICANFLYBOY
The school airline will be staring on April 1 flying 1900, so all the grads will be having a job, they will get $25 an hour . . .
A job for which you paid. That says it all.

hey DeadStick I am very surprise you understood me so well, that you even had the FARS right on target. I guess you are the only one in this post who rrrrrrreally knows how to read another language. Good for you.

Bobbysamd, yes, thats a job that I paid for it, as longs the bank pays for it first, I am ok with that. as longs I am getting time on that king air and 1900, that say it all.

and no hard feeling to the ones who can't understand me.

BUT NO ONE HAS ANSWER MY QUESTION, WHERE IN THE COUNTRY CAN YOU FLY A KING AIR JUST TO GET ALL YOUR RATINGS?

ANYONE! ANYONE! ANYONE?

Latest resources

Back