Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was only a question, because as a Flight instructor I get asked the dumbest questions sometimes about aviation. Reguarding things I am not even associated with like, security, layoffs, and etc..

"I just talked to my mother in New Jersey and she said the weather is fine, its not raining. Why are we delayed?"

Funny you should ask. I think it may have just happened yesterday. I was standing at an empty gate, looking at open time on the computer. An old woman came up to me and asked me if I knew where there was an ATM that would take (insert bank name) cards. I said, I'm sorry, I don't know, you may look in the food court, most ATMs will take other bank ATMs for a small surcharge.

She then launched into a long-winded story about how an ATM wouldn't take her card and that she really needed one from her bank. Did I know where one was?! I said no, I do not. She seemed kind of disgusted as she walked away.

For some reason, when you wear a pilot uniform, people think you have an encyclopedic knowledge about everything that goes on at the airport.

LAXSaabdude.

Q: are you old enough to fly ?

A: No, I have to be home before 10....

---

Q: how do you know where we are ?

---

Q: how do you know which switch to push ??

--

ohh well, I don't care, I'll just keep smiling..

This morning I had somebody ask me if I was ever going to fly "commercial" after my GF told her I was an airline pilot.:confused:

I think people brain lock as soon as they hear you're a pilot, much like they do when they set foot in an airport or on a plane.

While doing a Single engine taxi in BOS (BE1900) a few years back a passenger came up asking if we knew the left engine wasn't running. I was new so I thought it was funny but the Captain wasn't as amused.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back