Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly-n-hi said:
In the EMB-120 you can control the cabin tempurature from the cockpit or you can flip a switch that allows the FA to control the temperature from the cabin.

The FA temp control is a knob and has an arrow over the knob pointing left labeled "Warmer". So in otherwords if you rotate the knob clockwise it gets warmer. (You Brasillia guys know what I'm talking about)

WARMER
------------->

Well, she calls up and askes me if I can make it cooler. I look at our switch and see that it is in the "FA" position and tell her that she has control.

She then tells me that she can only make it warmer.

Yes, she was a blonde straight out of California.

Did you "tap" into it???:blush: Sounds like my type of woman!!!:beer:

In the Nasty-Ho flying 135 commuter (no curtain, no door, no life) the PNF takes the checklist off the glareshield and we run it (at appropriate times). One nice lady asked, as she left, "Why do you boys keep reading the instructions?"

Flying_Corporal said:
It should be illegal to allow pax airplanes fly w/out facilities on board or not operating properly.

Especially on long legs. What if you had to hold for an hour? Both of you up there upfront probably would have had to use bottles.

I hear ya. Back in the day, while flying Navajos and singles in Alaska, I had the luxury of peeing in barf bags, soda bottles, even a thermos once. (Matter of absolute necessity, and no I didn't reuse it.) I tried to avoid these types of endeavors with passengers, but it DID become necessary once while holding. Passengers seemed to do this with a bit more frequency, or just pissed the seat if they were so inclined. The trophy, however, goes to a buddy who came up with a nasty case of the runs while on a 3 plus hour IFR flight with nowhere to stop along the way. He went to the back of the airplane (auto pilot flying) and behind his passengers, proceeded to empty the contents of his stewing bowels into a tupperware sandwich container. (Also not reused, I'm told) After hearing his tale at the saloon one evening, I felt compelled to provide him a much larger vessel in which to contain his excrement. I procured a big tupperware salad bowl with a snap-on lid, installed two rolls of TP, and wrote on the lid: "Captain Tom Xxxxxx's CRAPPERWARE."

Fly-n-hi said:
In the EMB-120 you can control the cabin tempurature from the cockpit or you can flip a switch that allows the FA to control the temperature from the cabin.

The FA temp control is a knob and has an arrow over the knob pointing left labeled "Warmer". So in otherwords if you rotate the knob clockwise it gets warmer. (You Brasillia guys know what I'm talking about)

WARMER
------------->

Well, she calls up and askes me if I can make it cooler. I look at our switch and see that it is in the "FA" position and tell her that she has control.

She then tells me that she can only make it warmer.

Yes, she was a blonde straight out of California.

We were told on the 145 (same system), that we have F/As who, when they're cold, slide the level to COLD and when they're warm, slide the level to WARM. These are the same folks who spend 3 days in class studying the Interphone figuring out what PA, ATTD, PILOT and EMG PILOT mean.

Walking by a fancy hotel in Waikiki on the way back to my my apartment after work:
"Excuse me, bellboy? Could you take my luggage to room 605?"

Walking by a fancy hotel in Waikiki on the way back to my my apartment after work:
"Excuse me, bellboy? Could you take my luggage to room 605?"

Tell me you took his stuff and threw it in a dumpster,

On a flight from LGA to MKE, I had a pax ask me what ocean we were flying over. I gave them the, "Are you serious?" look, followed by the, "Yes I'm serious" glance. "That's Lake Michigan," I replied. "Are you sure? I thought that looked like the Atlantic Ocean."

Geography must not be taught anymore.

Four years ago, in EWR, standing curb side waiting for the hotel van an eldery man walked up to me and asked me where the closest water fountain is. I told him inside next to the Brantiff check-in counter. He thanked me and walked inside.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back