Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the coolest piece of aviation-related junk you've got hanging around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a ton of my dads old TWA stuff. Metal DC-9 and B-727 models, playing cards, international gift packs, manuals, Op-Specs, blankets, old jepps, training manuals, logbooks, performance charts. Some day I need to go through them all and make some kind of sidplay out of them.

Rolling-Thunder said:
I have a bunch of Glenn H. Curtiss memorabilia in my home.
Pictures, plane parts, books, etc.

I am building a full-scale flying replica of a 1910 Curtiss bi-plane called the "Hudson Flier".

In 2010, I will be flying it south over the Hudson River, on the 100th anniversary of the first city to city flight ever made by an airplane ( in the U.S.)

The aircraft is being assembled at the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, in Hammondsport, NY. Hope to be airworthy in 2008.

Now that is cool.

Got an old wooden prop from my father's stinson. I also have a 30's-era DG, a just as old VSI, and a 60's ASI. I also have some old Transport Canada approach plates and VNC's laying around in my office from the mid-90's.

9GClub said:
Was that a planned wheels-up landing, or a..... surprise...... wheels-up landing?

The only people I know about that plan a wheels-up landing are people flying with skis or floats.

So, was it a "Surprise! The gear won't lower!" or a "Surprise! You forgot to lower the gear!" type landing?

One was down, one wasn't. It was all because of a faulty cotter pin!(seriously) He walked, plane still flies.

One was down, one wasn't. It was all because of a faulty cotter pin!(seriously) He walked, plane still flies.

cforst513 said:
mind if I ask how one would go about getting an M1? it's been high on my "to buy" list, but i can't find one that fires, just non-firing replicas. is yours a new gun or a vintage one? where'd you find it?

I don't know where you live but, where I am they are at the local gunshops. Now finding one with all matching numbers is a whole nuther monster. I've seen the carbines for sale, and also the original Garands. Also if you pick up an issue of the Southern Man's Bible aka Guns-N-Ammo you will see an advertisement in there for M1 Garands, but you have to join some program. I looked into it and found that it is easier just to flat out buy one from the local gunshop.

The new ones are made from a company called the Springfield armory or something and from what I understand can be ordered just like a hunting rifle.

Also having some friends in the business is an added plus. The G-friend froze my accounts payable department of the "Imperial War Museum" until I find a house (just started a new job) and get her the "lesser ultimate sacrifice" i.e. engagement ring. If I don't the next thing is the P-word goes on lockdown. I told her there is no need for harsh threats.

The Garand can wait there's plenty of them out there, if you need help PM me and I'll see what I can do. I also found a new element to the munitions department: a practice Mk-82 bomb, but so far that's turning out to be a logistical nightmare as far as shipping. I try to keep it WWII but this thing is just too **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**n cool.

I've got an old Hartzell blade mounted on a wooden base. It was in the office of the toy store my mother and uncle bought a few years back. The previous owner said he still wanted it, but after years of visiting her at work and eyeing it, and the previous owner never coming to claim it, I claimed it. It's kinda neat.

My father has a gorgeous oil painting of a Dash, painted by the former ALG dispatcher who did oil paintings as a hobby, that he received as a retirement present from the company. But hopefully it will be long time before I inherit that one.

Somwhere I have stashed an old pamplet from American Airlines, back in the 707 days, that has an old route map. Some of the flight times posted on the map seem a little unrealistically fast, but that was probably before the fuel crisis.

Latest resources

Back