Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the coolest piece of aviation-related junk you've got hanging around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9GClub

Wondering how much aviation-related paraphernalia you guys and gals have hanging around the house...... framed pictures, models on stands or hanging from the ceiling, RC planes/choppers, scanners/transceivers lying around, etc. Chuck Yeager endorsed my student pilot certificate, I thought that was pretty cool. I just walked into my room, saw all my junk, and was wondering where I fall on the dorky pilot continuum.

If you wear a flight suit and helmet in your Cub, we don't particularly want to hear from you.

Bonus question: What WOULD you keep around if not for your spouse?
I was gonna suggest we keep this relatively clean, but I can tell it's gonna be a field day.....

(Mini: "I'd hang cardboard cut-outs of the Olsen twins from my ceiling....")

I have got a pretty cool wood prop my dad face planted into the ground with using a backpack parachute. It is pretty neat considering the grass is still embedded into the tips, and that he didnt get hurt, boy was I laughing though.

Last edited:
88_MALIBU said:
I have got a pretty cool wood prop my dad face planted into the ground with using a backpack parachute. It is pretty neat considering the grass is still embedded into the tips, and that he didnt get hurt, boy was I laughing though.

Shouldnt you be studying? ;)

In my mom's house I have a couple Boeing posters in my room. However, any apartment or house I have lived since I fly, I have not had any aviation stuff in my room. I just want to try to keep a balanced life and not get bored with aviation (I get tired of things very fast). Most of my friends are not pilots and don't know anything about flying, exept for two that fly and my friends at work. My computer wallpaper is an island and nothing in my car indicates that I'm a pilot.
I do love aviation though, always turn my head when i hear a plane and I enjoy my job very much, the joy flying gives me is something I don't find in anything else.

Last edited:
My son gave me a piece of the Concord that he purchased at an auction. I've also got a propellor.

'Sled

Slightly off tangent; what happened to the program that made the H-stab from a DC-9 into a conference table and such? Kinda like monster garage, fighting to meet a deadline. Pretty cool stuff, so I thought.

I have nothing aviation related 'cept for these gray hairs. The wooden prop Kream has would be cool, as would a seat from an old bomber.

Last edited:
Daveman said:
Slightly off tangent; what happened to the program that made the H-stab from a DC-9 into a conference table and such? Kinda like monster garage, fighting to meet a deadline. Pretty cool stuff, so I thought.

i wouldnt be surprised if they went belly up......
i watched a few and they really didnt know how to run a business, always fighting and bouncin checks, barely makin deadlines. i was called wingnuts i think

I have decorated my office at home in an aviation/space decor, so theres probably too much to mention, but maybe some highlights:

- An autographed photo of Neil Armstrong on the wall.
- An autographed crew photo of the Apollo 11 mission next to it.
- Flown Soviet Sokol Space Suit Glove
- Sergei Krikalev's personal communications cap/helmet he wore on Mir Space Station.
- Two rare Soviet High Altitude Helmets from the Cold War
- Mig 21 Airpseed Indicator gauge on desktop stand.
- Couple cockpit posters (King Air 3500, Learjet 55)
- Off topic, but deserves an honorable mention: POW Cap recovered from the Dachau Concentration Camp in 1945.

And the one thing I have always regretted not buying, was two years ago I was given the oppurtunity to buy a documented piece (quite large) of the wreckage that Patsy Cline was killed in. Still kick myself for that everytime I think about it!

Right above the monitor here is my "tail" from my first solo, August 17th 1990 in a Cessna 150 N6477K.

Assorted FAR/AIMs that i have never read

Parts to my son's Christen Eagle pedal car airplane

The last 11 months of Hugh Hefners finest literature.

And my Sporty's C172 cockpit poster (I buy the Christmas ornament every year just to enter the sweepstakes and when they sent the free poster I thought what the heck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back