Whats the best Rental Car Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
simplemind said:
Whats the best company to use for a rental car? As far as cars, service, easy access and easy turn in?

For air carrier airports, I really like Hertz #1 Club Gold. For $50/year, you get on the bus (which is typically big and runs frequently) and are taken to a covered parking spot with a car waiting for you. Get in, drive off, and show your license to the security guard. No forms to fill out, no lines to stand in -saves a HUGE amount of time.

simplemind said:
Whats the best company to use for a rental car? As far as cars, service, easy access and easy turn in?

If your paying for it....the cheapest

You have to be kidding me, "rental cars" deserves it own area on FI? I can understand a thread under general but its own area?

simplemind said:

I'll give you a hint -- Avis and Budget use a common fleet. The same car is cleaned a little better and becomes Avis during the week and Budget during the weekend.

As for renting -- go with the cheapest you can find. Its a bloody scam. Enterprise is good but they are off airport. Thrifty is cheap but it is way understaffed. Dollar Rent a Car is ok -- average service average price.

Alamo

I like alamo rent a car they dont put a hold on your credit card what they
put on hold on your credit car is what you are charged for the car. You can get pretty good deals on their website under last min specials. If you book a compact on the weekend after 12 noon most of the times you will get upgraded for free not always. Plus now alamo and national have teamed up that makes it better. But beware if you book onliine with National they put a dollar on hold before you even rent a car

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back