• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the best Rental Car Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best thing to do is pull up the parking brake when going 70+ kts. If you do it all the way to a stop, it makes a funny thumping sound when you start rolling again. Im a bad person.

Try carrentals.com for good prices. I have found that the airline (if you are employed by one) discounts are not as good as they used to be. You are better off looking for an internet special. The only exception is if you pickup and drop off at a different location. There our airline has a agreement for no charge for different pickup and drop off. As one post had priceline works well. I have always paid less and it was a Hertz or Avis car. I have also just walked up to a counter and asked for the best price and got a Dodge Magnum for 27.00 per day.
No clear cut answer, it is best to shop around if you have the time.

I always search through Orbitz.com for my car rentals.....even if you are only a few minutes away from the rental line at the airport !!!
Book it through Orbitz and save $$ every time !!

I've rented a bunch of cars in the last year, and I've found each company can vary from city to city. I've also found that the cheapest is NOT necessarily the best idea, but it MIGHT actually be better than the more premium brands.

LAS: Love Enterprise. Thrifty is good. Hate Alamo/National, Fox.
TPA: Thrifty is okay.
MDW: Thrifty and Enterprise are okay.
ORD: Thrifty isn't that good.
MKE: Love Thrifty and Enterprise. Hate Avis.
MCO: Love Thrifty.

Also, FYI, to those less experienced: there is no charge for one way rentals in Florida... could be useful for those misconnecting on a two leg commute.

Airline rates are usually more than internet rates. When booking online, I use Orbitz (especially if booking online via unsecured wireless) or SWA's website (SWA makes money from bookings, and the rates are the same).

This could probably be just a thread, or a sticky or something...

Useful info

No one says you have to read this board. I like it in fact.
Way2Broke said:
You have to be kidding me, "rental cars" deserves it own area on FI? I can understand a thread under general but its own area?

Enterprize at ILG terminal is like watching paint dry and always hosing up my bill with charges I didn't agree to i.e. damage waiver. Avis is good there.

Perfect thread for me to vent. I HATE HERTZ. Just got done with them out of MCI. I saw every other companies shuttle 5 times before hertz came by. Dirty car with lipstick tubes and half an apple rolling out under the seat.
I waited 15 minutes in the heat to get checked back in at which point I was charged 33 dollars for returning the car 44 minutes late.

Never any problems with Avis or Enterprise.

Can't Beat That!

Thedude said:
If your paying for it....the cheapest

Talking about cheapest, I had occasion to rent a vehicle at LAX for 1 day. I found one of the independents, Midway Car Rental which is located at the Raddisson, LAX.
Believe it or not, the actual rental was CHEAPER than the gas refill on return: 1 day rental (with 10% internet discount) = $23; Gas @ $3.32 a gallon refill = $26!!
Very courteous and knowledgable staff and upgraded my vehicle without even asking for it.
Beats all the Hertz and Avis guys who would have cost at least TWICE as much. They even picked me up from my hotel!!!

hertz gold...hands down.

its free as per the above link.

no extra charges for one-way rentals.

no holds on cards.

and every rental is reimbursed by the company :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back