• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the best Rental Car Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twice I've had Enterprise confirm a rental only to be told when I got to the airport "No cars". Also had them hose my bill. I'd hitchhike before giving Enterprise any of my money.

Enterprise: $167 for 2 days for a compact in Midland freakin' Texas. What a rip. :rolleyes:

AVIS in GSP did a great job this weekend.

Rented a Sebring Convertiable for $26 with taxes for Sunday return Monday out of GSP. My plans changed and I had to return it to Ashville...grand total $45 with taxes.

And they were very understanding...considering how my plans changed about four times over.

Wankel

Not really related to the topic, but just a fyi if you have this situation. Rented a car from Thrifty in PVD. Overall very happy, got a nice convertable on my economy rental. Never actually get the economy...do they even own any "economy" vehicles? Noticed a screw in the tire the next day. Thinking I was doing the right thing, I went back to the rental office to report I had a screw in my tire and they might want to repair it before the tire went flat.

I was told to go get it fixed, otherwise I would be charged the cost of a replacement tire since I hadn't signed up for the damage waiver. I played with the idea of getting the tire fixed, buying a $9 can of fix a flat, but ended up doing nothing and returning the car with the screw. I never heard a word on this.

So, my moral of the story is, if you break it, don't tell 'em you broke it, no matter how minor....

I've always used Dollar.

Went to Sea this week and everyone except Enterprise wanted a $250 deposit. Then they would send a check back in 2-3 weeks. What a rip. So we used Enterprise and it was only $36 a day.

Well I guess its only for walk ins. Everyone except Enterprise had some crazy rule about how long it would take for the deposit to be returned. Waiting 2 weeks for a check sucks. Why can't they return it to your bank account on the spot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back