• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"What's next now for AA/US possible merger'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA most certainly can agree to LOS with APA in a MB process, the company already agrees to MB, and a seniority list is ratified in an agreement.

Read much? The 9th told you when you, or anyone else in USAPA, can sue for DFR, not when you can get an injunction... Remember why the injunction was vacated? Too many contingencies, Not ripe. It ain't ripe for nobody until after completion of free bargaining and then after ratification of a new contract.

Silver may pull a Wake or maybe its just more wasted taxpayer money. Who knows.

If dreaming that you are righteous and I am wicked helps you sleep at night, be my guest. We got rid of the **************************************** that didn't keep their word. Take your best shot. :D

USAPA Constitution & By Laws and UOM state that seniority and merged seniority go by DOH. Using any other method must be changed in those documents, and then in the process with the parties.

I guess we'll see what Judge Silver says next Tuesday and go from there. Worst case for PHX? Judge Silver gives LCC a "bye" on litigation. USAPA will not get a "bye". The West Class will be free to sue USAPA (again) when it passes the "ripeness" test.

Have a great weekend.

CB

I am. There is NO alternative to the Nicolau seniority list. I was merely pontificating of other possible scenarios and how that might play out with the McCaskill / Bond arbitration.

The Nicolau seniority list is the only list that is on Parker's desk. Using the Nicolau seniority list is the ONLY way to keep all parties safe from legal action.

USAPA supporters have gone from DOH, to LOS, to a "three way", to ?????? The fever pitch to evade the Nicolau seniority list continues. USAPA just amended it's Union Operation Manual to firmly secure seniority via Date of Hire. IF USAPA now puts ANYTHING other than Date of Hire, they will be in violation of the Constitution and By Law AND the UOM. They have completely painted themselves into a corner.

You are contradicting yourself, but I agree with you that there are other "possible scenarios" to the Nicolau Arbitration Award.

Parker doe have the Nicolau award "sitting on his desk," but October 2nd he may find out if LCC/Merged AMR would have any liability in using an alternative list chosen by USAPA/APA.

I think we're 2-2.5 years from seeing this seniority issue solved. We should start a 24 month countdown thread when JCBA is announced. :rolleyes:

You are contradicting yourself, but I agree with you that there are other "possible scenarios" to the Nicolau Arbitration Award.

Parker does have the Nicolau award "sitting on his desk," but October 2nd he may find out if LCC/Merged AMR would have any liability in using an alternative list chosen by USAPA/APA.

I think we're 2-2.5 years from seeing this seniority issue solved. We should start a 24 month countdown thread when JCBA is announced. :rolleyes:

I thought I was rather clear, and not contradicting myself. That was the part where I said I did not believe there was any other legal alternative to the use of the Nicolau seniority list.

While the parties may offer other possible scenarios, it doesn't change the fact that the Nicolau seniority list is the only legal list as delivered by ALPA to Doug Parker (thus on his desk, credenza, file cabinet, etc.).

We'll see what Judge Silver has to say on Tuesday. I'm done early in Philly on Tuesday, and will be seeking court room reports from those that were able to attend.

CB

I thought I was rather clear, and not contradicting myself. That was the part where I said I did not believe there was any other legal alternative to the use of the Nicolau seniority list.

While the parties may offer other possible scenarios, it doesn't change the fact that the Nicolau seniority list is the only legal list as delivered by ALPA to Doug Parker (thus on his desk, credenza, file cabinet, etc.).

We'll see what Judge Silver has to say on Tuesday. I'm done early in Philly on Tuesday, and will be seeking court room reports from those that were able to attend.

CB

Sorry Cactusboy53, I just couldn't resist! :beer:

USAPA Constitution & By Laws and UOM state that seniority and merged seniority go by DOH. Using any other method must be changed in those documents, and then in the process with the parties.

I guess we'll see what Judge Silver says next Tuesday and go from there. Worst case for PHX? Judge Silver gives LCC a "bye" on litigation. USAPA will not get a "bye". The West Class will be free to sue USAPA (again) when it passes the "ripeness" test.

Have a great weekend.

CB

The 9th made it abundantly clear. No injunction. Maybe Silver thinks she is above that. USAPA has freedom to bargain. Members that don't like the outcome can sue once a contract is ratified. The 9th also cited the SCOTUS for the standard that a plaintiff will have to prove in order to be successful in a DFR suit. The plaintiff will have to prove the union acted in a way that is arbitrary and outside a wide range of reasonableness.

Good luck.

Turtle. Oooooooh Turtle. Cactus is correct. It comes down to accepting something you agreed to. It's like a handshake while the other hand is behind your back crossing your fingers. The first step to redemption is admitting that you guys are acting like a bunch of jerks! Start with the man in the mirror, and quit acting like you don't know it's wrong.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Its an internal union dispute. Your life will be brighter and happier if you don't burden yourself with matters that are not your own. I'm confident if you looked at Delta as much as you look at USAir you would find enough for you to busy yourself with things that are important to you, whatever those things are. Try it. :D

Its an internal union dispute. Your life will be brighter and happier if you don't burden yourself with matters that are not your own. I'm confident if you looked at Delta as much as you look at USAir you would find enough for you to busy yourself with things that are important to you, whatever those things are. Try it. :D

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. It's an "internal union dispute." You mean ALPA? Oh wait, you voted them out to get rid of an arbitrated AWARD. You guys are complete tools, and it will come back and get you in the end. Enjoy every minute of your lower pay (thanks to no negotiations), and it will result in the same conclusion, the NIC award. BYE!

Bye Bye---General Lee

CB

I'm done early in PHL too so see you there Dave!!

HAHAHAHAHHAHA. It's an "internal union dispute." You mean ALPA? Oh wait, you voted them out to get rid of an arbitrated AWARD. You guys are complete tools, and it will come back and get you in the end. Enjoy every minute of your lower pay (thanks to no negotiations), and it will result in the same conclusion, the NIC award. BYE!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hi Pvt. Lee. Pay isn't the only important part of a contract. The choice we had at US Stupidways with the AWA genious (wunderkind) Parker at the helm was getting a couple dollars more per hour (YEA for the AWA guys) but raping us with work rules, scope, min fleet, min utilization rate and they are still trying to do the same with the AA "term sheet". Oh ya and I would have had to have their two month guys as my captain...sounds to me like you are right and we passed up a great deal...Private. Thanks for all your help.

Hi Pvt. Lee. Pay isn't the only important part of a contract. The choice we had at US Stupidways with the AWA genious (wunderkind) Parker at the helm was getting a couple dollars more per hour (YEA for the AWA guys) but raping us with work rules, scope, min fleet, min utilization rate and they are still trying to do the same with the AA "term sheet". Oh ya and I would have had to have their two month guys as my captain...sounds to me like you are right and we passed up a great deal...Private. Thanks for all your help.

Hey Sulley. Anyways.......You guys were going to EAT it or go CHAP 7. Them's is the facts. AWA got a mortgage and bought your butts. They did. You then agreed on binding arbitration, and your MEC chair even said NIC was a good guy to do it. Then, when NIC was ready to give his award, he told your guy to come around and try to work it out. Did your guy take NIC's advice? NOPE. IDIOTS. You could have changed the pay, the work rules, etc with a NEW contract, but instead, your A320 Captains make less per hour than I do. What a joke. You guys have helped ruin this profession by showing you can say NO to a handshake, a BINDING award that honorable men would abide to because they AGREED to it. But NOOOOOOOO, you instead are just a joke.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back