• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"What's next now for AA/US possible merger'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...We will see another TWA style route, tempered slightly by Macaskill-Bond, as the LCC pilots are in chaotic disarray slashing at one another, but the APA pilots are skygods marching in perfect ranks, unafraid to march into fire....

The McCaskill/Bond mirrors ALPA merger policy. The ONLY way it could go a "TWA style route" is if BOTH parties agree to a seniority integration (SWA-AirTran). I don't see that happening (IMHO).

Otherwise it will go to a three panel arbitration board (per the conditions of the Term Sheet), and the delivered seniority list will (as if it had to be said again and again) be FINAL and BINDING.

There has been discussion about producing more than two lists (AA & LCC). With that being proffered to the three arbitrator panel: You have just asked them to consider two separate lists (sans a ruling from Judge Silver's court) from the LCC pilots (east & west). These arbitrators that are likely friends & perhaps mentees of Arbitrator Nicolau (the arbitrator that the former US Air pilots have publicly lambasted, debased and besmirched).

How do you suppose that's going to work out?;)

The McCaskill/Bond mirrors ALPA merger policy. The ONLY way it could go a "TWA style route" is if BOTH parties agree to a seniority integration (SWA-AirTran). I don't see that happening (IMHO).

Otherwise it will go to a three panel arbitration board (per the conditions of the Term Sheet), and the delivered seniority list will (as if it had to be said again and again) be FINAL and BINDING.

There has been discussion about producing more than two lists (AA & LCC). With that being proffered to the three arbitrator panel: You have just asked them to consider two separate lists (sans a ruling from Judge Silver's court) from the LCC pilots (east & west). These arbitrators that are likely friends & perhaps mentees of Arbitrator Nicolau (the arbitrator that the former US Air pilots have publicly lambasted, debased and besmirched).

First off, you are getting all hot and bothered about a post that was a joke. Second, you think a merger is all about your seniority.

As you pointed out, both bargaining agents could agree on a seniority list and it would go out for a ratification vote rather than to an arbitrator. LOS, no injunction. Nic proponents and DOH proponents can sue to their hearts content after the ratification.

Buh, bye.

First off, you are getting all hot and bothered about a post that was a joke. Second, you think a merger is all about your seniority.

As you pointed out, both bargaining agents could agree on a seniority list and it would go out for a ratification vote rather than to an arbitrator. LOS, no injunction. Nic proponents and DOH proponents can sue to their hearts content after the ratification.

Buh, bye.

Read much? The bargaining agents (USAPA & APA) could come up with a list per McCaskill/Bond. If agreed upon, it is NOT ratified.

USAPA can not present LOS because they have painted themselves into the DOH corner. Offering ANYTHING other than DOH is AGAINST the Constitution & By Laws. WHEN USAPA proffers DOH to the proceedings..... Injuction & the path to the next DFR.

In case you didn't know, I don't think Mr. Parker will encumber LCC in continued litigation for seniority.

It's not about "my seniority". It's about agreeing to a process and keeping your word.

CB

We'll see what Judge Silver says next week. Fingers crossed!!! Good luck Westies!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Read much? The bargaining agents (USAPA & APA) could come up with a list per McCaskill/Bond. If agreed upon, it is NOT ratified.

USAPA can not present LOS because they have painted themselves into the DOH corner. Offering ANYTHING other than DOH is AGAINST the Constitution & By Laws. WHEN USAPA proffers DOH to the proceedings..... Injuction & the path to the next DFR.

In case you didn't know, I don't think Mr. Parker will encumber LCC in continued litigation for seniority.

It's not about "my seniority". It's about agreeing to a process and keeping your word.

CB
USAPA most certainly can agree to LOS with APA in a MB process, the company already agrees to MB, and a seniority list is ratified in an agreement.

Read much? The 9th told you when you, or anyone else in USAPA, can sue for DFR, not when you can get an injunction... Remember why the injunction was vacated? Too many contingencies, Not ripe. It ain't ripe for nobody until after completion of free bargaining and then after ratification of a new contract.

Silver may pull a Wake or maybe its just more wasted taxpayer money. Who knows.

If dreaming that you are righteous and I am wicked helps you sleep at night, be my guest. We got rid of the **************************************** that didn't keep their word. Take your best shot. :D

Last edited:
USAPA most certainly can agree to LOS with APA in a MB process, the company already agrees to MB, and a seniority list is ratified in an agreement.

Read much? The 9th told you when you, or anyone else in USAPA, can sue for DFR, not when you can get an injunction... Remember why the injunction was vacated? Too many contingencies, Not ripe. It ain't ripe for nobody until after completion of free bargaining and then after ratification of a new contract.

Silver may pull a Wake or maybe its just more wasted taxpayer money. Who knows.

If dreaming that you are righteous and I am wicked helps you sleep at night, be my guest. We got rid of the **************************************** that didn't keep their word. Take your best shot. :D

Turtle. Oooooooh Turtle. Cactus is correct. It comes down to accepting something you agreed to. It's like a handshake while the other hand is behind your back crossing your fingers. The first step to redemption is admitting that you guys are acting like a bunch of jerks! Start with the man in the mirror, and quit acting like you don't know it's wrong.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL - I agree with you but don't view the NIC award as being unbiased or why you care? You seem often over emotional about our situation and it's just odd to say the least.

Wow.

This is the first time that I have seen you acknowledge an alternative to Nic.

I thought you were Nic or nothing this whole time. :smash:

Wow.

This is the first time that I have seen you acknowledge an alternative to Nic.

I thought you were Nic or nothing this whole time. :smash:

I am. There is NO alternative to the Nicolau seniority list. I was merely pontificating of other possible scenarios and how that might play out with the McCaskill / Bond arbitration.

The Nicolau seniority list is the only list that is on Parker's desk. Using the Nicolau seniority list is the ONLY way to keep all parties safe from legal action.

USAPA supporters have gone from DOH, to LOS, to a "three way", to ?????? The fever pitch to evade the Nicolau seniority list continues. USAPA just amended it's Union Operation Manual to firmly secure seniority via Date of Hire. IF USAPA now puts ANYTHING other than Date of Hire, they will be in violation of the Constitution and By Law AND the UOM. They have completely painted themselves into a corner.

Latest resources

Back