• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's more dangerous? Taxiway or Overflight+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So voice software isn't the best so what...try staying on the subject, you remind me of a kid with ADD..

So voice software isn't the best so what...try staying on the subject, you remind me of a kid with ADD..

filejw -

Don't take it so personal -

I was just trying to make a point - in this job - we all make errors. I am more interested in what events allow errors to occur - and what I can learn to prevent those errors (or at least mitigate the result of an error).

Metrojet

Landing on a taxiway is more dangerous, hands down.

Well, stalling an airplane on approach b/c neither pilot was paying attention and then totally botching the recovery...subsequently killing 50 people.... i'd place that one higher.

Playing around like little kids in a CRJ, taking it up to 41,000 feet, stalling it, botching the recovery and trying to hide it from the feds- killing both on board. Yep, that's a bigger blunder.

Not checking your heading prior to takeoff and killing 51 people... yep, that's a bigger blunder.

Maybe you meant to say "currently all over the news but no one is going to remember it 6 months from now?"

They had a s...load more pax onboard than 51. Pure dumb luck kept them from killing them all when they landed on that taxiway. There is no way you can minimize the danger they put those people in through their complete lack of awareness of where they were.

They had a s...load more pax onboard than 51. Pure dumb luck kept them from killing them all when they landed on that taxiway. There is no way you can minimize the danger they put those people in through their complete lack of awareness of where they were.

You know, you're right. This outshines even tenerife. Man, Delta sucks hard!

It's also like a surgeon beginning an operation and walking away from the operating table to sit down in font of his laptop to watch House and fall asleep until the nurse comes a-knocking to remind him theres a patient with an open heart laying on the table.

Please!....get real. let's not compare our jobs to heart surgery.

Also........if these guys were indeed on their laptops, no one was in any danger short of running out of gas which apparently wasn't an issue. They were negligent no doubt but safety wasn't compromised.

Personally, i believe a medical emergency doesn't mitigate a mistake like landing on a taxiway. We are all capable of making mistakes but landing on a taxiway is one we all hope we can avoid.

You know, you're right. This outshines even tenerife. Man, Delta sucks hard!

The only ahole on here who denigrates a whole pilot group for the mistake two of them made is acarpe. I stand by my assertion that these two had pure dumb luck on their side and that they had no idea where they were. This was not worse than Tenerife because of their luck.

Landing on a taxiway is way more worse. There could have been 10 planes for take off wiped out by one mistake. I know no one was hurt but it could have been bad.

Latest resources

Back