• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's more dangerous? Taxiway or Overflight+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Landing on a taxiway is way more worse. There could have been 10 planes for take off wiped out by one mistake. I know no one was hurt but it could have been bad.

Geee....(using your scenario) if YOU were one of those planes in line for takeoff, and you saw a big fat 767-300 with all it's lights flashing bright... lined up to land on you and 10 other planes...da ya think ya might turn on ya lights??...i am just guessing...but i betcha that taxiway would have lit up pretttttttttyyyyyy bright for the landing a/c at about 500' AGL...followed by plenty of chatter on the freq!

but maybe not, huh!

Landing on a taxiway was a mistake.

Deciding to disregard company policy and fire up their laptops was intentional.

Also........if these guys were indeed on their laptops, no one was in any danger short of running out of gas which apparently wasn't an issue. They were negligent no doubt but safety wasn't compromised.

Personally, i believe a medical emergency doesn't mitigate a mistake like landing on a taxiway. We are all capable of making mistakes but landing on a taxiway is one we all hope we can avoid.

Ever think of what might have happened if the F/A would not have called up there?.......

Personally, i believe a medical emergency doesn't mitigate a mistake like landing on a taxiway.

I'm not privy to all the facts in this ongoing investigation, but I believe there were more factors contributing to this incident than just a medical emergency.

Ever think of what might have happened if the F/A would not have called up there?.......
I guess they would have eventually flown into Canadian airspace. When are they going to decide if it was sleeping, heated discussion or laptops? Unless they ran out of fuel the situation would have been embarassing but not life threatening. I bet they get their jobs back some day.

One of these events occured while everyone involved, as far as I know, was trying to do their jobs correctly.

In the other case policies, procedures, and common sense where, apparently disregarded.

Latest resources

Back