Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Twa pilots screwed!

pylut said:
The TWA pilots are getting hosed big time. In Feb, seven year guys will be hitting the streets while 1 1/2 year sky nazis take there seat in TWA metal.

Beginning January 27, TWA captains will be trained to AA's certificate and will continue to be based in STL; however, the junior native AA F/Os are being displaced to STL to fly with them. No TWA F/Os will cross the fence.

An interesting paradox in this situation....since many TWA captains were stapled, many of them will be junior to the native F/O in their right seat who has 1 - 2 years seniority.

pay cut

I have a buddy who's best friend said she is expecting a $50K pay cut by April.... she is a 3.5 year FO. I don't have the pay rates for AA, do the math - looks like a HUGE cut.

Bankruptcy possible? I would say more like probable!!

Good luck to all of those already on the street, and those who will be displaced this year..... looks as if the darkest days of commercial aviation are going to be bleek for a while before they get any better!?!?:confused:

Tred

"Approximately 1200 TWA pilots were stapled and are bearing the brunt of the furloughs at AA"
Actually, out of the 1021 furloughed pilots, almost half are original AA pilots. From the outside, I'd say TWA got a very fair shake in this deal.

Tredding@SWA,
I don't believe that your friend is going to get a 50% pay cut. Just by going from TWA pay rate to the AA pay rate, she probably got a pretty hefty raise (Maybe that is the 50% she mentionned). Unless she is getting furloughed ,she most likely got a pay raise. And why by April, does she knows something ???

Numbers out of wack

DCitrus9

I don't know where you are getting your numbers that TWA is getting a fare shake when out of the 1087 pilots furloughed at AA 100 are "Native American", 240 are American Eagle, and the rest are TWA staples. Sounds lop sided to me!

Now the all knowing AA management and the ever loved APA are trying to get the up to 7 yr TWA pilots stapled below the RJ drivers at AE. Some new hire at AE will be senior to a 7 yr TWA 757/767 or md80 FO.

I think your realities are warped along with your information. You need to get your numbers straight before you can form an opinion.

Flyky

FlyKy, get your head out of TWA's butt. Of 1021 furloughed, 396 are native American, junior to all of TWA. These #'s do not include any AE pilots. As well, no AE new hire will jump ahead of TWA as you proclaim, simply because there are those AA pilots junior to TWA
"I think your realities are warped along with your information. You need to get your numbers straight before you can form an opinion." Umm, yeah right... I got my numbers from the official American Seniority listwhere did you get yours? You've obviously been derailed by venom spewing ALPA drum beaters who wouldn't have been happy unless they were still #1 on the seniority list.
Grow up

Last edited:
Flyky, curious as to your argument. Although there are almost 3000 pilots below me on the AA list, I wont see mainline for MANY years if ever, and if I do what will be waiting ?

Not what is there now.

Many of us AE pilots were here feeding cash into AMR , while a lot of TWA pilots were still in flight school. In fact many of my F/O's from 94 to 99 went to TWA. Now the argumant is that they should have priority at AMR ?

In your previous metal and domicile - ABSOLUTELY !

As long as you don't think you have priority at Eagle.

I'm sorry you got the shaft from the APA.

Your argument and beef is with the APA and not Eagle. If ANY future agreement develops with the APA it will have protections for us UNTIL we move up to mainline.

If you end up backstroking in the unemployment line before that, blame them not us.

We don't exist to meet your needs.

We don't exist to meet their needs.

We exist to meet OUR needs.

Nothing personal.

Re: Re: Twa pilots screwed!

md8pilot said:
Beginning January 27, TWA captains will be trained to AA's certificate and will continue to be based in STL; however, the junior native AA F/Os are being displaced to STL to fly with them. No TWA F/Os will cross the fence.

An interesting paradox in this situation....since many TWA captains were stapled, many of them will be junior to the native F/O in their right seat who has 1 - 2 years seniority.

The junior STL S80 Capt is sen 11865....the junior FO above the staple is 12282. At this time the company estimates up to a few hundred forced displacements into SLT. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good Story!

Remember the situation

Let's not forget that the AA/TWA deal was a "Buyout" for lack of a better term. This was NOT a merger. AA bought TWA in what looked like an expansion opportunity for AA and a chance to keep TWA from possibly putting all their employees on the street...not that AA cared a hoot about that...but hopefully the management at TWA had that as a consideration.
In hindsight..it kept TWA from certain demise post 9/11.
Buyout business rules are very different from Merger rules....union deals not withstanding...

This post is no consolation for the TWA "staples", but as we all are painfully reminded from time to time...business is business..money talks...and drives the train.

Those were the terms of the deal...best I remember??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back