• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's 357 Done For You Lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's get together already...... and give me your seat. The arbitrator said I could have it....... SO GIVE IT TO ME. Let's get together already! Screw your career..... GIVE ME THAT SEAT!! Let's get together already.....

I remember this happening 5 years ago, at US Airways. Everybody trashed the East for the same reasons. Arbitrator awarded West ahead of East in portions of the Nicolau. Same song, different author. STS ruling will be FAPA's nirvana or abaddon.

mmhmm, but, you don't know what he said, do you?
"We are in this together, with the backing of the IBT Airline Division, to obtain an industry leading con- tract that addresses all flying as a part of our professional pilot group. And we expect our management to treat us the same. The days of division are over."

Want another prediction?

"We are in this together, with the backing of the IBT Airline Division, to obtain an industry leading con- tract that addresses all flying as a part of our professional pilot group. And we expect our management to treat us the same. The days of division are over."

Want another prediction?

No, and no, again. Not in my copy.

Arbitrator has dismissed IBT's complaint as outside his jurisdiction...

You seem to make alot of predictions with no evidence to back it up.... Let's get together already......

1)"The Q400 grievance is a loser"
***We'll see. When is that arbitration scheduled?
2)"the Airbus vacancy is a loser"
***lost 3/20/11
3)"having pay tied to seats rather than MGTOW was a loser"
*** lost 8/5/10
4)"the much vaunted Scope has cost the membership seven years of sub-standard wages in hopes of something better down the road"
***Costing net present value today and everyday
5)"and the SLI/STS is a coin toss with another seven years of low wages as the upside potential."
***Read the SLI award and wait for the NMB to rule - We'll see. I could be wrong, but I'm doing better here than on my NCAA brackets.

I think I'll hold off on the kumbaya at Hoffa's place. I think neutral ground - ALPA - may be the place for our combined group to get some purchase and align for future struggles.

ALPA will sign away scope faster than I can sign my name on a release!! They Don't care about anything accept how much more money they can generate from Pilots. They are out for themselves like all Unions. Unfortunately Unions are a necessary evil in our industry. Allot of hostility could have been avoided between our Pilot Groups, "IF" "FAPA", agreed to represent the RAH pilot group. They said from day 1, "WE HAVE NO INTEREST IN REPRESENTING REGIONAL PILOTS"!!! Great Way to start things off!!!! At the time I believe 747 was still up and running with olé' Sewell at the helm. Many of us were looking for a way out of Teamsters and had hoped FAPA would take over as the new Union of Our Combined Companies!!! NOT NOW!!!! The Problem is FAPA lives in a bubble and thinks that they are the only Airline involved in this mess. Things have come to a USAIR/AMERICA WEST situation, or very close to it. I'm not totally happy with Teamsters, but I'll take them over ALPA or FAPA for that Matter. 357 has come along way from the 747 days. We have to ALL stop looking at things from a "WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME", standpoint and start looking at our future as a whole for our airline. Coming together is the only way that will happen. United we stand, Divided we fall. The Arbitrator ruled, Move on, Everyone is pissed so it must have been a fair integration. You can't expect to get everything you ask for!!! Now we need to start working toward Uniting and getting some Fair Compensation, Work Rules, The whole nine yards!! Industries change, and it will continue to change and evolve in ways we can't predict. A holding company that owns regional airlines purchased two mainline Carriers, BIG DEAL!!!!!!!! If it means the survival of the entity as a whole, it was a smart business decision! That's the key it's business, and Management does not give a !@#$% about any crew member which is why we need to unite as CREW MEMBERS!!!!! If your not Happy , then find something else to do. Working together is the only way we will make Management Here our Voice!!!! Divided, and Management has the Ball!!!

Ouch. My eyes hurt.

And, believe me - the IBT 747 reps never asked FAPA to represent the RAH pilot group. They asked what FAPA could do FOR the IBT, but never the other way around (and it was the Trustee of 747 at the time, Dan Brannan - danbrannan.com - who made the pitch.)

The same feelings you have toward FAPA, FAPA pilots have toward 357. An in house union has little chance of successfully representing a group where 30% of the pilots contribute >50% of the dues, while the other 70% account for the majority of the union's cost (dispute etc.)

We need a fresh start if the goal is truly "unity".

Let's get together already...... and give me your seat. The arbitrator said I could have it....... SO GIVE IT TO ME. Let's get together already! Screw your career..... GIVE ME THAT SEAT!! Let's get together already.....

Look everyone!! a troll is out of the kindergarden. W Heller is this you again??

Ouch. My eyes hurt.

And, believe me - the IBT 747 reps never asked FAPA to represent the RAH pilot group. They asked what FAPA could do FOR the IBT, but never the other way around (and it was the Trustee of 747 at the time, Dan Brannan - danbrannan.com - who made the pitch.)

The same feelings you have toward FAPA, FAPA pilots have toward 357. An in house union has little chance of successfully representing a group where 30% of the pilots contribute >50% of the dues, while the other 70% account for the majority of the union's cost (dispute etc.)

We need a fresh start if the goal is truly "unity".
My Eyes hurt just reading this dumb thread, but it's too entertaining to complaine!! I agree with your Second Paragraph, We do need a fresh start! ALPA'S not the Answerer, Nor is FAPA or TEAMSTERS. However your first Paragraph your way off. FAPA said from day 1 they have no interest in coming together with "REGIONAL" pilots! The Reason why IBT 747 never asked to be represented BY FAPA Was because FAPA said from the Start they have no interest in representing RAH pilots. So FAPA never gave them the opportunity to ask! "We fly an Airbus", "we are mainline", "we are better". I'm not saying we don't have our 10% but our job is the same. We fly Airplanes under 121.. All parties involved nead to accept change and move on that's my point. Working against each other doesn't do any crew member any good. Management just sits there and laughs. FAPA has allot to learn about RAH management, believe me!!!! FAPA and 357 need to start working together.. PERIOD!!!! Time to lower the weapons sit down and have real talks to help each other and come together as a United Pilot Group....PEROID!!!!!

Latest resources

Back