• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's 357 Done For You Lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was on the list that IBT gave to the other parties. In yet another display of their panultimate professional behavior, it was to be expected.

Addresses were included as well with like four hire/seniority dates. We were surprised by the data. PM me your employee number and I'll send you the address and phone number the IBT had on file for you at the time.

It was on the list that IBT gave to the other parties. In yet another display of their panultimate professional behavior, it was to be expected.

This doesn't pass the smell test. I looked into this issue this past week and have asked some very specific questions of the Local. I personally know two members of the ExCo and their info regarding the disclosure of personal/private pilot information is significantly different from your claim. "But of course," you will say. Given the circumstances, I await the results of their investigation. My understanding is that there are possible potential TSA violations and Federal involvment. Where? Unknown, at this time. ( and I'll probably be the last to know)

Ultimately, the issue is that personal/private information was obtained by ALPA for their polling purposes. Even if your claim is true, private/personal information was used by ALPA for purposes outside of the SLI negotiations and/or arbitration. I don't know if that is illegal or not...I'll leave that to the investigation in progress, but it makes me uncomfortable to know that my personal information has been released outside of the original context of it use. I toss it to you...how would you feel about the IBT using your personal information for purposes outside of its original intent? Also, do you think that maneuver (ALPA poll, using their personal info obtained under questionable methods) will help or hinder ALPA's intent of representing the RAH pilots?

I find it ironic that a similar issue is taking place at LCC between Leonidas, LCC and USAPA. In that case, three AWA pilots have been placed on administrative leave pending an Company and possible FBI investigation of the alleged release of personal pilot information of East pilots obtained they obtained from CatCrew for a Leonidas mailing.

On another topic, BB's recent webcast was interesting. Videoed in DEN, minimal hard questions for the CEO from the F9 employees. And, clearly the whipsawing has started. "I feel really sorry for the Frontier FO's and how the SLI turned out for them...."---a paraphrase, but twice now, in print, and now on the webcast, BB has indicated his sympathy for the F9 FOs. Typically, Management will whipsaw employee groups within a company. Here, BB is doing is with the different pilot groups. Even, you have mentioned the "good working relationship" with WH and BB the F9 pilot group has experienced and have been critical of the contentious relationship the IBT has with them. ALPA would clearly tell you in Negotiations 101 in Herndon that this is classic whipsawing. It seems to be ignored on the F9 side. Clearly, you guys portray BB as your Herb Kelleher, but by his own admission (culture club findings), he sees the need to have his own management team go through sensitivity training. Really? I wonder why?

While I was still at LCC and the Nicolau Award was released, the AWA pilots appealed to DP and asked him to validate the award and implement it immediately. DP's reply essentially was, "Hey, this is a union issue and the company is staying out of it." --Again, a paraphrase, but very different from BB's sympathy response...and I would say a smart one, too.

There is no doubt that our respective pilot groups have differences and some of them may be irreconcilable. That stuff will have to be worked through...maybe. As I see it, until a STS ruling has been determined, this is all a moot issue. If it is determined to be two separate systems, you have no fears and "everything be everything" for F9. If not, we will have to work together, warts and all.

T8

Also, do you think that maneuver (ALPA poll, using their personal info obtained under questionable methods) will help or hinder ALPA's intent of representing the RAH pilots?

First, a technicality, Wilson did the polling, sponsored by FAPA and ALPA. I have no idea where the phone numbers came from, but I would opine that the source is less nefarious than is being alluded to on this thread, just given IBTs usual spin. Lastly, how about some perspective. We're talking about one poll with the intent of optimizing the representation for the whole pilot group - not auctioning your life to Nigerian spammers.

First, a technicality, Wilson did the polling, sponsored by FAPA and ALPA. I have no idea where the phone numbers came from, but I would opine that the source is less nefarious than is being alluded to on this thread, just given IBTs usual spin. Lastly, how about some perspective. We're talking about one poll with the intent of optimizing the representation for the whole pilot group - not auctioning your life to Nigerian spammers.

The investigation is on-going. Given the FAPA "spin" blaming the IBT, it becomes circuitous. Fact is, my personal information was used for purposes it was not intended for. If FAPA colluded with ALPA to do this as you admit it has, it is just one more reason I would not vote for ALPA representation.

T8

Last edited:
The investigation is on-going. Given the FAPA "spin" blaming the IBT, it becomes circuitous. Fact is, my personal information was used for purposes it was not intended for. If FAPA colluded with ALPA to do this as you admit it has, it is just one more reason I would not vote for ALPA representation.

T8

You are making a big deal out of nothing. It's a phone number for crying out loud! Who cares where they got it. It is just a poll. It you don't want to take it, say 'no thank you' or don't answer. You are being a Drama Queen.

I find it funny that rah pilots keep bringing up that rah bought frontier thus saving the frontier pilots jobs. They seem to forget the letter that bedford came out with stating that without the frontier purchase there would have been a large reduction in force at the ranks of rah.

Also, it was quickly forgotten that swa also had a bid in. I think it is the rah people that should be thankful to frontier.

Yeah, and in 2003 BB said if we didn't accept a pay cut we would lose the United contract thus cutting our pilot force in half.......I seem to remember doubling our workforce, gaining 170's for United and Delta.

Wake up, southwest didn't want F9 or they would have out bid us in a second. They wanted to look at the books to see how well F9 was really doing.

Latest resources

Back