• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will Flex do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't legally have to answer the phone, then don't. It's that simple. If they fire you for that, get yourself a lawyer and you won't have to work again.

The way I'm understanding you is that after your 10 hours of rest you are considered immediately into another duty time but they are not counting it that way?
Rest only ends at the beginning of the next assigned duty period.

Is this the only problem you have at flex? Seems this would be an easy fix if so.

cosmotheassman said:
calling you after rest? Since when is that against any rules?

Some people are just content to be miserable...
As far as the FAA is concerned, if you are not in rest, you are counting down against the duty-time limits. If you are required to be contactable, you are not in rest, therefore that time counts as duty.

The way I'm understanding you is that after your 10 hours of rest you are considered immediately into another duty time but they are not counting it that way?

Is this the only problem you have at flex? Seems this would be an easy fix if so.[/quote]

Cosmo,

You are new at Flex. If this was an easy fix then it would have been done. They just hire for attrition. What NewFlex is saying about rest is correct and Flex wont fix it until they get violated. I will ask NewFlex this though. Instead of putting this info here put it on the BB. It is amazing to hear the complainers at Flex yet they are affraid to tell the company. Let the guy at the FSDO know get some action on this. Document everything just in case. This is a growing business and times are changing.

Flex needs to get moving on their answer to the contract. There already is a lot of strife amongst the pilots. They want answers now. They have a long way to go to make this a career place of employment. Our schedules suck and so does the pay. And yes I have been here over 6 years. People are just fed up with the place. Read what little is put on the BB. There isnt much positive on their either.

I have a great idea. Maybe all you flexjet guys should get together and tell the company as a group that this calling you in rest in BS. Then maybe you can stick together as a group and ask for a pay raise and more days off. Or what about this how about you all get together and form a damn union and negotiate a better QOL and work rules.

I'm sure that watching your QOL degrade over those same 4-6 years is a much better plan. Hope that works out for you.

Economy of Scale:

In case you haven't noticed Bombardier is mostly an anti-union company. We don't have 2200 pilots...more like 350. Bombardier wouldn't hesistate to shut us down or sell us off in a heartbeat. You don't think NJA wouldn't like to buy the CL300 or LR40/45? It would be like AMFA and the NWA machinists. A union could do a lot of things, but it could not help in our situation....and yes in 4-6 years I'd have a much better QOL here regardless of any change ($$ wise).

Latest resources

Back