What will Flex do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more very important factor:

At NetJets....if you have a labor dispute of issue with anything....and I mean anything.....you get a Union Steward to represent you infront of Management.

At NetJets....no pilots stands alone!!!!!!

gunfyter said:
I have a feeling management at FLEX Options etc.. will step up to the plate in December.

Everybody going to be happy
More likely is three fast balls and back to the dugout with out even so much a swing.

The fact of the matter is that Flexjet will have to respond soon. 15 Lear 60XRs were just ordered by Flexjet at NBAA. Add that with the current orders of Challenger 300s, Lear 40/45s and the fact attrition has been crazy, soon they won't have any pilots to fly the nice shiny jets and owners are going to start to wonder why planes are parked and chartering is up. I currently work for Flex but will be making the move soon, because of a significantly better job offer. Any new pilots out there, if you have the choice between Netjets and Flex choose Netjets. I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but I think everyone can agree that they have come a long way since the New MEC was voted in. The other fractions will have to repond making the fraction industry a better long term career move. My advice to Netjet guys, start talking to the Flex pilots about Unionizing and I think you'll be surprised on how many will be interested on what you have to say. I think by pilots working together, there respective companies will have no choice but to provide better salaries and benefits. Lets not be like the regionals.

Bottom line: Bombardier will not sell Flexjet, because it is their best way to sell business aircraft.

No Pilot Stands Alone?

DO-82 driver said:
One more very important factor:

At NetJets....if you have a labor dispute of issue with anything....and I mean anything.....you get a Union Steward to represent you infront of Management.

At NetJets....no pilots stands alone!!!!!!

Tell it to the next probie who gets a Bridgeway 1 arrival.

gunfyter said:
Sky Pirate...

You are plagiarizing my thoughts... LOL

Good post. There will be a response. You know they don't want a union on the property. They will respond.

What company does want a union, really? Sorry about reading your thoughts:p

Bombardier does not want the thought of a union to even come up, but it has been used in the past for a better QOL. I know the thought of bringing up the union question has gotten people fired in the past(which is illegal, by the way), but the industry may just have to be unionized to keep the people who run the place(pilots) happy. This should be the long term goal for the fractionals, because once this happens the 135 industry will have to respond to stay competative, which will force the unsafe companies to go out of business, which they deserve, thus creating a competative and safer industry. Lets cut the fat. Good companies will always find a way to make money in this industry, its not the airlines, where your customer is someone who is just getting by, we are dealing with the movers and the shakers of the world. They refuse to give up this type of service that we provide, and will in the end pay the premium.

I’m glad to see by recent postings to the internal company message board that this particular message board is being monitored by at the very least the flex’s chief pilot.

But still the big question remains -- WHAT IS FLEX GOING TO DO??? We don’t want to know three weeks from now as promised in the post – we want to know now. (Just like I predicted – they will wait and see what happens with ratification before they act.)

According to our fearless leader, a 5 year flex capt makes 6k more than a NJ capt after the TA. But he didn’t address the fact that NJ captains will be working 40 some less days per year. So by my math, is $150 enough to keep you home from your family? If your answer is yes then by all means go to flex, wait 10 years to make it to that point and then make a measly 6k more...

Qualified new hires – a MAJOR issue of viability for all fracs at this point – do not look at 10 years down the line when making a choice – they look at the next few years. All fracs right now have long upgrade times, so the issue comes down to $$ and quality of life.

In my humble opinion, $$ doesn’t matter much if you hate your job. And contrary to popular opinion I think most people WANT to love their job. I know I do. Please, management, help us LOVE our jobs. Make us want to stay, and more importantly, make others envy the sh*t out of us.

Do I need to go into why QOL at flex sucks right now – I’m already too long winded as it is… but one thing not mentioned yet is the new health plan SUCKS! We got screwed to the wall on this one – and quite outta the blue too.

Another group that needs a Union. Guys, they will not give you one penny. You have to fight for it. So all those years that the Flex/CS/FLOPS guys were asking, "when are you guys getting your contract so we can get a raise?", you are getting what you deserve. It is time for you all to get off you collective butts, and negotiate what you believe you are worth. I wish you the best of luck.

Or you can continue to cry here. We will listen. But that is all.

How is NJA going to pay for this contract long term with continuing losses???

I want a raise but not at the expense of people losing their jobs....

and yes, the new health plan SUCKS, I totally agree. The cost doubled for everyone.

I would be ok with bringing the work days down to 180 and keep the same annual pay. I think alot of people at flex would be happy with just that.

Any comments??

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back