What will Flex do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hydrarkt said:
As an NJA pilot, I am hoping that Flex, Options and Shares all get better pay and work rules as a reaction to our TA. It can only be good for all of us in the industry

yeah thats what Comiar pilots thought too. It went 180 degrees on them. NJA isn't affected by the exact same factors the airlines are, and this comparison is in some ways apples and oranges; but the underlying theme is the same:

If your working for $20/hr. under a union contract.

Someone out there is going to do (or try) it for $18.50/hr with no union.

Bottom Line:

It's lonely on the top

ghostrider64 said:
No gray areas at all

You are either in rest or on duty. No in betweens allowed.

I for one wish all of the fractionals operated this way. It would be good for the owners and the pilots. And yes it does require more pilots:)

The problem is no one here has mentioned the fact that Flex has an exception in their management specs to use 135 rest rules in lieu of 91k rest rules ( FOM 14a-35) and it is signed by our POI. In terms of rest we are 135 as best I can tell and I belive that the one phone call up to 2 hours into or 2 hours prior to rest ending has been upheld as not an interuption of rest for 135. (Anyone with valid info on this).

Sorry guys. I agree with all of you in regards to 91k, but 91k does not apply here.

Read the court case I posted earlier that was in regard to 135. Yes they can call but if you HAVE TO answer... its not Rest.

And if you answer and you have to accept the trip... its not rest either. If you can say, No I think I will keep my original showtime... then that might be different.

Any Flex pilots out there, that have left Flex under two years and Bombardier has gone after them for the remainder of the training contract? I ran into a few people who used to work for Flex and left in less then two years and told me that the training contract that they signed was technically not enforceable. Just trying to get some info on this and wondering how they went about fighting the contract. Thanks in advance.

Any Flex pilots out there, that have left Flex under two years and Bombardier has gone after them for the remainder of the training contract? I ran into a few people who used to work for Flex and left in less then two years and told me that the training contract that they signed was technically not enforceable. Just trying to get some info on this and wondering how they went about fighting the contract. Thanks in advance.

I had a friend leave about four years ago and they sent a collection agency after him. He told the collection agency that flexjet did not live up to the end of their contract and he has not heard from the collection agency in about two years.

135 rest.....yes flexjet is under 135 rest requirements, but like
gunfyter vbmenu_register("postmenu_806722", true); said you do not have to accept an earlier assignment, but flexjet has made it clear that if you dont, management will take action against you. Its easy to say don't answer your phone until you remember that you have a family to support

hatetoadmitit said:
I had a friend leave about four years ago and they sent a collection agency after him. He told the collection agency that flexjet did not live up to the end of their contract and he has not heard from the collection agency in about two years.

135 rest.....yes flexjet is under 135 rest requirements, but like
gunfyter vbmenu_register("postmenu_806722", true); said you do not have to accept an earlier assignment, but flexjet has made it clear that if you dont, management will take action against you. Its easy to say don't answer your phone until you remember that you have a family to support

Man I wished I worked there (not really) but, that is one legal battle I would love to take on. Regs are regs and violations are violations. Needless to say, I wouldn't have to work the rest of my life they "took action" against me for NOT violating the regs. Take a stand.

Man I wished I worked there (not really) but, that is one legal battle I would love to take on. Regs are regs and violations are violations. Needless to say, I wouldn't have to work the rest of my life they "took action" against me for NOT violating the regs. Take a stand.
user_offline.gif

I would love to take a stand. But I don't have any long term desires with this company and I hope to be gone soon. I know that is kind of a cop out attitude, but I could really care less about Flexjet as a company.

Latest resources

Back