Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will be the first airline to go out of business do to lack of crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting thread.

10 years ago people were paying 10K to fly airplanes that burned Jet-A, to this.

Does anybody know what year was the last for PFT by the bigger regionals?

off the top of my head: in the last "boom" (pre 911) either ASA or Comair was the last of the "large" commuters/regionals to PFT, ACA dropped theirs in early 1998, buy late 1999/early 2000 netjets had dropped theirs, CHQ was sometime around 98/99 but it depended on how much time you had, COEX started dropping the PFT in late 98 if you had 1200 and 200 then totally dropped it by late 99/2000. Commute Air in PLB was pft until atleast the summer of 99.

Then again it depends on what level you judge PFT. Is PFT just giving a check for training or is PFT not paying but taking a job where you provide hotel or don't get paid until training is over or some combo of thoes?

Here are some commuters that were never PFT and put you up in training and paid salary from day one:

Eagle, Allegheny, Piedmont, AWA, Horizon

note: being and east coast guy i've never been that familar with express one, mesaba or skywest.

also don't forget US Check's PFT sic program that was arounf until post 911 ans still may be around today.

Colgan brought back PFT post 911

You PFT. You smoke pole. You can climb the corporate ladder or you can ride the corporate pole.

One thing is for certain. If you PFT in this current hiring climate you are only expecting to have everything handed to you. You will wash out as you desperately lap at the bungholes of your kind trainers. You will be confused as you think, "But I have all this money my parents gave me to do this. Do you know who I am?! You owe it to me."

It's then that you'll realize...that you suck. :)

Carry on!

Instead rephase question to ask "Which regional would we like to see implode due to lack of staffing"

Good riddens MESA!!!!!!!!

There is a part of me that would like to see ALL these $hitbag outfits implode.

(it's the part of me that doesn't need a job)

"riddens?"

Now that's funny... in a fingernails scraping on a blackboard kind of way.

Last edited:
Had a Mesa jumpseater the other day, he was hired off the street as a -8 CPT. Has 2000 total time and 600 multi. Said there were 6 guys in his class that were also hired off the street as Capt and 3 or 4 washed out.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to put in their contract that all new hires are employees from day one, with pay, and no PFT in their contract. Can't let PFT happen again, it drags us all down from the bottom

Turbo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back