Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will be the first airline to go out of business do to lack of crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My mother told me to never pick a fight with a Libertarian social Darwinist...or did she say never start a fight with an idealist... or maybe she told me you can never win an argument when you argue with a fool. It really doesn't matter, each saying means the same thing.

Your John Wayne approach to life and politics sounds very noble and manly. I imagine that most libertarians have extremely large penises. The problem with your tough guy social philosophies is they don't make sense in the real world. While you are busy preening your next political argument (I am sure your next argument will expose the liberals' plan to install a government that will castrate the brass balls of all well endowed libertarians; damn castrating communist bastards) the thieves of the world are canceling pensions of middle class Americans, enslaving the third world, waging war for profit, and outlawing my right to strike.

In your world it is wrong to protect senior citizens from having their pensions stolen.

In your world it's OK for my employer to threaten taking my job, but it is illegal for me to strike.

In your world it is OK to pay an Asian 9 year old $1 a week to make shoes that sell for $100 a pair.

In your world it's impossible for me to fight an incorrect charge on my phone bill because the phone company has one hundred lawyers and I am just one person.

Sure, the free market might straighten out these problems, it's evolution, but I don't want to wait for evolution to take place. Evolution takes thousands of years. Evolution makes better crocodiles, sharks, and faster rabbits. Evolution does not close sweat shops or stop my phone company from robbing me.

Vote pro Labor in 2008

Wow, I suppose I'm responsible for slavery, facism, war, racism, sexism, and general moral decay.

My friend, I probably have a lot more mileage than you do (although I don't know you). I have been in the military, policed a large ($hit hole) of a city for many years, flown for the airlines, and now I work in Commerical Real estate and am working VERY hard on starting a hedge fund.

I am NOT some stupid idealist, I have been shot at, assaulted, fought for my life on an urban battle field, been through the depths of Crew Scheduling hell, and finally decided that I would NEVER get ahead working for someone else.

The answer: Develop skills that would allow me to be self sufficient and independant. In recent years flying I had some medical issues that could have threatened my medical....no evil management there, just my own heath.

You sound like the "professional victims" I use to police. If you wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and say "I'm a victim," than a victim is all you will ever be. And what's with all the penis talk? I understand working for the airlines sucks, being labor sucks...but that's the deal. Take it, or work toward changing your life.

Innovate, create, succeed. I haven't done anything you can't do.

My mother told me to never pick a fight with a Libertarian social Darwinist...or did she say never start a fight with an idealist... or maybe she told me you can never win an argument when you argue with a fool. It really doesn't matter, each saying means the same thing.

Your John Wayne approach to life and politics sounds very noble and manly. I imagine that most libertarians have extremely large penises. The problem with your tough guy social philosophies is they don't make sense in the real world. While you are busy preening your next political argument (I am sure your next argument will expose the liberals' plan to install a government that will castrate the brass balls of all well endowed libertarians; damn castrating communist bastards) the thieves of the world are canceling pensions of middle class Americans, enslaving the third world, waging war for profit, and outlawing my right to strike.

In your world it is wrong to protect senior citizens from having their pensions stolen.

In your world it's OK for my employer to threaten taking my job, but it is illegal for me to strike.

In your world it is OK to pay an Asian 9 year old $1 a week to make shoes that sell for $100 a pair.

In your world it's impossible for me to fight an incorrect charge on my phone bill because the phone company has one hundred lawyers and I am just one person.

Sure, the free market might straighten out these problems, it's evolution, but I don't want to wait for evolution to take place. Evolution takes thousands of years. Evolution makes better crocodiles, sharks, and faster rabbits. Evolution does not close sweat shops or stop my phone company from robbing me.

Vote pro Labor in 2008

I've got James Earl Jones saying this in my head with the Star Spangled Banner in the background. ha ha.

Agreed!

and what did a pro labour gov't do for England from 1946 to 1975?

and what did a pro labour gov't do for England from 1946 to 1975?

So, you and palerider are saying that we should vote against labor? Does it have something to do with reverse psychology?

I understand your guys' point. Legislation and pro-labor groups aren't going to be the answer to everything.

But NOT voting sure as hell won't make a difference.

How about vote and hope for the best, while working "side projects" to gain self reliance?

Last edited:
Not saying anything on how you should vote. That is certainly a personal issue. Just asking if anyone is familiar with the history of England under a pro-labour gov't. In period of unparallel economic growth worldwide, England's was in a continual decline because decisions were made in favor of the workers, not productivity or economics. For instant they continued to make steel in 1970 the same way they did in 1939, using 10 times as many workers as the German's and Japanese. They could not compete in world markets and forced industries in England to buy English steel at above world prices for inferior steel for products that could not be sold in the world markets. Thatcher kinda fixed it. That is all I was asking.

I haven't verified this but a FSD (Sioux Falls SD for all you coasties) United Exp CSA told me that in Sept. United (Big Blue yes United) will start flying two 737's a day to FSD, one overnight. The problem is FSD has too many cancellations with Mesa UAX, primarily due to lack of crew and Mesa's performance in general. FYI FSD metro area about 150K population, growing but not huge.

Could this be indicator of things to come if regionals continue to take the brunt of this real pilot shortage? Mainlines taking all their planes from the desert and covering flights that their regionals can't perform due to staffing? Fewer oversold and weight restricted RJ flights? Sign me up.

Not sure if that's true or not, but the majors in a lot of cases aren't much better off with pilot staffing. People are still bypassing recall and with all the folks still on military LOA, I doubt that UA is in a position to bring airplanes back from the desert and have anyone to drive them.

So, you and palerider are saying that we should vote against labor? Does it have something to do with reverse psychology?

I understand your guys' point. Legislation and pro-labor groups aren't going to be the answer to everything.

But NOT voting sure as hell won't make a difference.

How about vote and hope for the best, while working "side projects" to gain self reliance?

The implication in some of the posts is a canidate that pays more than lipservice to Labor in the running. Even if voting pro labor would help there would have to be a pro labor canidate...

Obama makes nice use of the word "Change" but his voting record is stricly party line until it is something controversial then he does not have a voting record. Her Royal Thighness...well, the last time that she was in the White House the People's (Communist) Republic of China got permanent Most Favored Trade status-no guess what that did to union manufacturing jobs in the good old US of A, is it?

If Hildabeast gets elected Steve Jobes has promised to introduce a polylingual driver's license issuing device. Rumor has it that it will be called the "Thighpod"!

Booohahahahahahaha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back