Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will be the first airline to go out of business do to lack of crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What people are stupid enough now to actually "pay to play" like they do at Gulfstream...I see these idiots in Florida all the time. If you meet Commercial/Multi mins you are qualified at all the regionals right now anyways.

ad posted out there somewhere for Skybus FOs is saying that "competitive mins" are 5000 with 1500 121 PIC.

Riiiiight. Hopefully they'll be the first.

ad posted out there somewhere for Skybus FOs is saying that "competitive mins" are 5000 with 1500 121 PIC.

Riiiiight. Hopefully they'll be the first.

Well, we had a Piedmont FO that got hired by them so I don't believe those mins are true!

A real Pilot shortage = less flights = increased demand for available flights = improved airline pricing power = increased profit = bigger management bonuses

To reduce that down for you guys that didn't take algebra in high school

A pilot shortage = bigger management bonuses

Vote pro labor in 2008

Your doesn't hold any water. If it were true that less flights = increased profit, then that is what the airlines would be doing now instead of expanding.

Vote pro liberty in 2008

They'll all be coming over here to fly our RJ's for minimum wage and no work rules and we'll all be going over there to fly right seat on their heavies for 80K plus to start!

where is the pilot shortage

I can't understand something....pilot factories like riddle, und and the other univ's are producing so many pilots every year or let's say even every month, so how can there be a pilot shortage. I walked into a flight school the other day in San diego and saw at least 75-100 students training at various levels. Not to mention that Flight Instructors are building rapid time with all these new students. So where is the pilot shortage...."enlighten me" please.

I can't understand something....pilot factories like riddle, und and the other univ's are producing so many pilots every year or let's say even every month, so how can there be a pilot shortage. I walked into a flight school the other day in San diego and saw at least 75-100 students training at various levels. Not to mention that Flight Instructors are building rapid time with all these new students. So where is the pilot shortage...."enlighten me" please.
How long does it take to take a student pilot to multi-comercial/CFI? And how many students make it that far that start (even if you line up finances, it's not a cakewalk)? I would estimate that 50% of student pilot starts don't make it at the large flight academies that are paid up front (and it's even worse at places where you get people who don't realize the amount of money $30k is).

Also, how many of those 100 students that you saw will stay in the US? Our school puts out ~50 commercial pilots a year and 2/3 go overseas to their home country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back