Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What will be the first airline to go out of business do to lack of crews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was JFK based I had some Freedom guys living in my crashpad. They used to talk about leaving Freedom (Mesa) for a decent regional once they got their 1,000 PIC. My two questions always were, are you really saving yourself any time in doing this and why would you drag the rest of us down by working for such a place?

When I was JFK based I had some Freedom guys living in my crashpad. They used to talk about leaving Freedom (Mesa) for a decent regional once they got their 1,000 PIC. My two questions always were, are you really saving yourself any time in doing this and why would you drag the rest of us down by working for such a place?

Hello Kettle, my name is Pot. I too, signed up to fly a $20 million jet for $17 an hour. BUT! I'm better than you.

Never said I was better tough guy. It just doesn't make sense to me to hop scotch around from regional to regional, and I'm sure most pilots on here would agree with that. And even though Freedom has a very similar pay scale to ours, I remember FOs there with 8 days off a month, flying maybe 10 hours a month, bringing home $450 a paycheck. And when they did get a trip and flew over block, they made historical block. Its a rotten company and even though most, if not all, of the regionals suck...they suck on such a bigger level.

Mesa is hiring people that dont even have multi ratings. Nice. Friend of mine flew with one that said "we'll get it for you in training!"

Never said I was better tough guy. It just doesn't make sense to me to hop scotch around from regional to regional, and I'm sure most pilots on here would agree with that. And even though Freedom has a very similar pay scale to ours, I remember FOs there with 8 days off a month, flying maybe 10 hours a month, bringing home $450 a paycheck. And when they did get a trip and flew over block, they made historical block. Its a rotten company and even though most, if not all, of the regionals suck...they suck on such a bigger level.

I hear what you are saying, but remember, their pilot group agreed to all of this in a contract. Who are the bigger idiots: Mesa Management who sees this as a great deal for them, or the senior Mesa ALPA pilots who let this happen to more junior pilots?

There is a deeper issue at play here.

You're wrong. Airlines can't reduce flights right now because if one airline reduces flights another airline will move in and fill the gap in an effort to broaden their market share. If there was an actual pilot shortage there wouldn't be enough pilots to go around and airlines couldn't expand at will. There would be less flights and the price of tickets would go up.

Vote "pro liberty" in 2008 and you will grant liberty to giant corporations that will continue to crush the individual with their multi-million dollar budget legal departments. We need a government, and especially a justice department, that is for the people.

My friend, voting "pro labor" will not help your lot in life. You cannot legislate your every need (although many politicians would have you believe this). You cannot tell crew scheduling, managment, etc., to go fu*k themselves or you risk losing your job. So you feel your only recourse is to "vote" officials who will champion your cause. This is sad, and a fundamental weakness in our society.

If you want to improve your life, take time each day to work on a side business, or skill that will make you less vulnerable to your employers whims. Eventually when your other business or skill (such as option trading, real estate, and the like) is strong and profitable, you CAN tell scheduling, Chief Pilots, management, to GO FU*K themselves.

Don't relinquish all of your power to the governemt. Take charge AND RESPONSIBILITY for your own life.

Or you can just open another beer, order another pizza, and watch American Idol.......like 99% of the population.

My friend, voting "pro labor" will not help your lot in life. You cannot legislate your every need (although many politicians would have you believe this). You cannot tell crew scheduling, managment, etc., to go fu*k themselves or you risk losing your job. So you feel your only recourse is to "vote" officials who will champion your cause. This is sad, and a fundamental weakness in our society.

If you want to improve your life, take time each day to work on a side business, or skill that will make you less vulnerable to your employers whims. Eventually when your other business or skill (such as option trading, real estate, and the like) is strong and profitable, you CAN tell scheduling, Chief Pilots, management, to GO FU*K themselves.

Don't relinquish all of your power to the governemt. Take charge AND RESPONSIBILITY for your own life.

Or you can just open another beer, order another pizza, and watch American Idol.......like 99% of the population.

Now I crave pizza and beer.

You are right.

Well, we had a Piedmont FO that got hired by them so I don't believe those mins are true!
Know of two Comair FO's that went there. Had to get "heavy airframe time"....they were bashed in the crew rooms when they told everyone where they were going.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back