Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what type of aviation memorabilia in ur cars?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
semperfido said:
station wagon?

You ARE old school Marine. you know the great santini by chance?:)

1. It's my wife's car. A Volvo. She likes it, and the Golden Rule in our family is "Wife Happy...Life Happy".
2. I didn't know Col. Don Conroy, but I knew the squadron C.O that Robert Duvall followed-around for a few weeks to research his role as Santini. His name was Kiley, and he had the swagger.
3. Did you miss the plate number? "CZI"

User997 said:
Who could forget that student pilots car that had all those stickers on the back, airplane hanging from the mirror, instrument "coasters" attached to the steering wheel, and cut outs of a GPS to place over the radio???

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=391117&page=1&pp=15&highlight=pilot

User 997, that was great.

I do not have anything on my car, yet we did take the dear Arrow and spice it up a bit. The plane was white with purple and gold striping, there were three purple seats (front left and back seats) and the front right seat was bright red. When you got into the front seats they sank so low you were sitting on the floor.

We added gold fringe with decorative balls hanging to the front windscreen, gold curtains, again with the decorative balls, to the back windows, added neon flashing light around the registration plate on the empennage, jacked up the volume on the ADF over the speakers. Changed the other front right seat to match the bright red of the left seat. Oh, and we tossed a swinging madonna with a grass skirt on the cowling.

Got the old 70's era Black/White FLY front license plate. You know the one that if you look at it the wrong way it looks like computer code?

It was free from some place down in FLA!

I had a NAFI sticker in my back window for a couple of years. I was flying for a guy who was really excited about getting as many potential students in the door as possible. Net Result: Zero students, about 10,000 ribbings from my friends about how my car wasn't quite "Maverick" enough for my personality.

Sometimes I tell girls at bars that I'm a fighter pilot while I'm sipping on my ginger ale.

Boris Badenov said:
I had a NAFI sticker in my back window for a couple of years. I was flying for a guy who was really excited about getting as many potential students in the door as possible. Net Result: Zero students, about 10,000 ribbings from my friends about how my car wasn't quite "Maverick" enough for my personality.

Sometimes I tell girls at bars that I'm a fighter pilot while I'm sipping on my ginger ale.
I have to admit, at one time I was a flying geek. I had the same "FLY" license plate on the front of my car when I was in Florida and South Carolina, but had to get front plate when I made it back to Wisconsin...it's the law.

Also, since I was taking all of my 10 day instrument students to this examiner at the flight school in Conway-Horrie (or hower the heck it's spelled), I had one of their stickers above my third brake light. What was the name of that school? North American Institute of Aviation?

Fly_Chick said:
We added gold fringe with decorative balls hanging to the front windscreen, gold curtains, again with the decorative balls, to the back windows, added neon flashing light around the registration plate on the empennage, jacked up the volume on the ADF over the speakers. Changed the other front right seat to match the bright red of the left seat. Oh, and we tossed a swinging madonna with a grass skirt on the cowling.

Now you also need to install some 5" diameter mufflers, 'Neuspeed' sticker across the top of the windscreen (+5 horsepower), four 12" woofers to hear ATC with, blue LEDs in the recognition lights, and 22" spinners!

That would be phat.

EagleRJ said:
That would be phat.
Actually, add a center arm rest and TV rabbit ears made for cars and it would be down right "gangstaline". And don't forget to add the facade tire carrier with the wire spoke wheel cover.

Latest resources

Back