• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Others Think of the DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is what our reps told us they (DALPA) was actually proposing. Relative seniority whereby all pilots from both airlines would maintain there previous RS within 1-2%. Do you think that is unfair? Did you know that DAL has almost Twice the widebodies of NWA? So at the same relative seniority, NWA pilots would hold closer to widebody at the merged DAL then at NWA. Do you agree with this?

We were told NWALPA wanted the first 400-500 positions for themselves and the last 2000 positions to go to DAL pilots. Is this what you know to be true?

Complete and utter nonsense.

Day one would have looked acceptable, by year 3 there would have been only 50 NWA pilots left on the 747-400, by year 10 none.

The widebodies count include your 757's and domestic 767 but not our 757's both intl or domestic.

DALPA wanted to count all their options, none of ours

If you look simply at the demographics of hiring over the last year DAL hired more, therefore has more pilots on the bottom portion of the list, but would have still severely biased the DAL list.

As to the "do no harm to NWA TA" upping to 255 70 seater's does no harm? (Again DAL set the bar lower for Scope) Nor does taking ratios of future NW 787 options to be flown and counted for DAL integration calculations?

The DALPA TA most certainly protects DAL pilots, and was designed to exert pressure on the NW pilots and disadvantage their leverage to get a fair deal.

Why has Moak reversed his position on no arbitration to now saying he will?

Last edited:
Complete horsesh*t.

Right, you weren't there, and we talked with the guy who was there. We have one side of the story, and other side "won't ever be told". That tells me a lot. Methinks somebody doesn't WANT the story told.

Educate yourself, THEN come back and talk to us.

Right, you weren't there, and we talked with the guy who was there. We have one side of the story, and other side "won't ever be told". That tells me a lot. Methinks somebody doesn't WANT the story told.

Educate yourself, THEN come back and talk to us.

I've talked to the guys who were there on our side. What your guys who were there report doesn't even meet in the middle from what our guys reported. Obviously it's in your interest to think your side is right, as it is mine. Where is the truth?

Our MEC, that often has internal strife over residual issues from the last merger, was unanimous in saying "no way" to DALPA's last SLI position.

Moak categorically rejected expedited arbitration.

Sorry, but that speaks volumes.

I'll concede you guys have had your talking points and PR down from day one, but it's not going to be decided here or in the press.

I've talked to the guys who were there on our side. What your guys who were there report doesn't even meet in the middle from what our guys reported. Obviously it's in your interest to think your side is right, as it is mine. Where is the truth?

Our MEC, that often has internal strife over residual issues from the last merger, was unanimous in saying "no way" to DALPA's last SLI position.

Moak categorically rejected expedited arbitration.

Sorry, but that speaks volumes.

I'll concede you guys have had your talking points and PR down from day one, but it's not going to be decided here or in the press.

That's all correct. You have nothing to add. I don't know about what part of "we will not willingly accept arbitration" you don't get, but there it is again. Go ahead and stalemate, while the earnings reports start to trickle out. You will eventually get your arbitration. Things will look a lot different, however, on PID day-and your MEC knows it.

Fly4hire:

Do you understand that "expedited arbitration" and "arbitration" are two different things?

Kroll:

Candidly, I have more research to do before taking a position for, or against, LOA19. Those who negotiated it are far ahead of me right now.

I think the ratio,RJ to mainline may have preserved the inferior Delta language and if that is the case, I do not like that part when you consider the economic realities of the DC9.

Also, if LOA 19 was a scope sale then it harms the junior members of the list the most. Weighting the equity payout to the more senior pilots is not equitable.

Does anyone know if NWA's Jets for Jobs provisions were retained? In any event, we need that flying one one list.

I've got a lot of studying to do before completely understanding the effects of LOA19. I hope the NWA pilots get on board and we negotiate something together than eclipses LOA19.

P.S. The credit markets want blood. They want parked airplanes and an old fashioned merger that removes a bunch of capacity. To the extent that the market is not impressed with the ideas hedge funds have for running an airline, ot would not surprised me if this merger began to unravel.

Last edited:
That tells you nothing other than they all took the easy way out, to the detriment of their pilots, rather than step up the plate to participate.

If Chuck Yeager would have never left his farm, we would have no idea he could fly an airplane.

Fly4hire, this is great. You talked to your negotiaters. What exactly was your position on the SLI? Will you please tell us why YOU think our last proposal was not fair? Also will you tell us what you think would be a fair SLI? I am very curious. Stop complaining. I have not seen one post from a nwa pilot with any ideas. Just accusations. thanks

Latest resources

Back