• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is with the HAT argument?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At "my house" we made the hat optional. I choose not to wear one.

I thought of throwing it in the trash....but changed my mind. It's collecting dust somewhere around here...maybe the kids misplaced it while playing with it.

When we see pictures or video of NWA pilots on the picket line (see latest Centerline), why are we always wearing our hats?

My theory: It helps the public immediately identify us as pilots.

Just a thought...

I dont mind wearing mine. I visibly scowl and shake my head at the fools that carry theirs around(wanna be treated like a pro...act like one). However, as soon as tax day rolls around, my hat is in the top of my closet collecting dust.

Aren't there more important things to worry about?

Iron your shirt, button your jacket and wear your hat. You agreed to do it when you got hired, remember? You want to be treated like a professional, then take the first step, and have some professional pride in your appearance. Regardless of how you feel about it, it does make a difference to the people getting on your jet.

Makes me cringe when I see some dope walking around the terminal with his jacket unbuttoned or with a nasty shirt on.

another one

And a little shoe polish! I see thse guys that look like they rubbed a hershey bar all over thier shoes or worse have brown leather showing. Five bucks plus a tip to the shoe shine stand would go a long way...

Bullsh*t!! Try 30 cents for some black kiwi shoe polish and a little elbow grease for about 10 minutes to shine your shoes. There is absolutely no reason you need to pay someone 5 bucks to shine your shoes (however, I get your point saying guys need to shine their shoes in the first place...and I agree wholeheartedly).

This hat argument is absurd. Like someone posted earlier, no passengers give 2 craps about which airline has a hat and which doesn't. They want a guy that looks professional, gets them there safely, and gets them there on time. If you are proud of your company, take pride in your uniform (the whole thing - shirt, shoes, creased pants, etc...). And in that note, also get your fat a$$ on the treadmill, being healthy and fit goes a long way into looking sharp as well. Being overweight with great looking shoes is still a farce. It's amazing how many fatties we have in the majors flying airplanes that look unprofessional and are a health risk to themselves, their crew, and their passengers. But that's a different thread...

Dang right!

1. Dannilynn Smith's paternity!
2. American Idol.
3. Hammering jetBlue pilots.
4. Mocking ALPA volunteers.
5. Britney's buzzcut.

Hats are soooo 2006!

Occam - get it right. It's not just American Idol, it's the Sanjaya Conspiracy. Now that's what really matters in life! But as retarded as that show is, did you see J Lo last night? Holy sh*t, she is looking good!!

And Occam, I didn't know you had kids!! God help us all...

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was an argument over Height Above Touchdown.......

Has anyone seen my leather jacket?

I still find it funny watching just about any movie with pilots in it and they are wearing their hats and blazers WHILE FLYING

Latest resources

Back