Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is up with not wearing full uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlbieF15 said:
I generally drop my trousers and pull off my shirt ASAP and then curl up into a little ball in my boxer shorts and white T-shirt and black socks while sitting in first class. I also sometimes fart and scratch whereever it itches. I can usually get both seats to myself this way, even if there was another passenger next to me initially.

I use this tactic frequently also...............Another addition if you dont have your Ipod is a big a$$ set of orange earplugs that they supply in the AOC. When I sit down, I just plug them babies in and stare into space like a mute.

First of all, I fly freight so PAX in terminals aren't paying my salary. Usually when I am commuting, I have been up for more than 24 hours and I am extremely tired, so no, i don't want to answer questions. My company has bought my ticket so I am a PAX. If you show your crew ID to the ticket counter and security it does the same as wearing your entire uniform. This tactic works all around the US and mostly everywhere else I've been in the world. What's the big deal?

I'll give you a hint, Chief . . . . . . :beer:

Maybe you should relax, and have one yourself. . . . . . . !

800Dog said:
When passengers are paying 200 bucks to fly coast to coast, they get what they pay for! Walmart employees never help me but, they make billions! Wise up. Point A to B safely is all they should expect sport.

Here, I will slow it down for you a little sport.

Clearly you are exempt from all of this since you fly boxes (and therefore have no obligation to uphold the standards for "the rest" of the industry) but here goes;

1. It doesn't matter what they are paying, they are customers and deserve the same treatment as any other customer. Do we only give a smile or a hello to someone above a certain $ threshold? What is it $500? $600?

2. If you are shopping at WalMart.... we will just leave that one alone.

3. "Point A to B" is NOT all they should expect. They also should receive your professional best as an airline representative.

Here's a few questions for you;
If you were a police officer, and were off duty in partial uniform, would you think it proper to not help someone who is in need or danger?
Would you not help them because you knew they paid less tax than another person?
Would you take off just your badge and tie and go have a brewski at a bar?

Someone's got that "New Pilot" smell. . . . . .

Seems like the guys who care the most about "who is wearing what" are the guys with the smallest paychecks and the smallest . . . . . equipment. We have 'em at my airline, too, except they are the "hat police" . . . most of 'em don't seem to have much hair, wonder if there's a connection there?;)

Last edited:
Seat 0A said:
1. It doesn't matter what they are paying, they are customers and deserve the same treatment as any other customer. Do we only give a smile or a hello to someone above a certain $ threshold? What is it $500? $600?

WHAT!!!! same treatment...so all those coach passengers get treated the same as first class???? i think not!

I saw as a Non Rev on a Delta flight last month. An off-line guy (company name withheld to protect the guilty) on an ID-90 in partial uniform. Wearing the pants and blazer with no tie and shirt unbuttoned. He looked like a complete slob, and unfortunately most passengers probably assumed he was a Delta pilot.

Last edited:
CaptainMark said:
WHAT!!!! same treatment...so all those coach passengers get treated the same as first class???? i think not!

Nice try. Missing the forest for the trees. The general discussion related to the average pax and because some are paying only $200 they get to go from A to B and are entitled to nothing else. We all know your big bucks first class folks get "the best care in the air".

BTW, "treatment" costs nothing. I am sure that the free cheap wine in First costs the airline a ton, however. In the old days every passenger was made to feel special. Now all of the carriers are right up there with Greyhound.

Here's an analogy: When we (frax) fly the nanny or gardener of one of our multi-millionaires, they get the same better-than-first class treatment as the owner.

Last edited:
Seat OA...
Our airline does in fact have a policy that requires us to be in full uniform, or in no uniform whatsoever...and I honor that policy.. All in all I generally agree with you in regards to how I choose to conduct myself... w/regards to uniform..

But that doesn't mean I don't think for one second that you are a massive tool for posting this thread. This is just more squabbling; and in fact it is an attack on your brethren.

Latest resources

Back