Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is up with not wearing full uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
joevollers said:
Seat OA...
Our airline does in fact have a policy that requires us to be in full uniform, or in no uniform whatsoever...and I honor that policy.. All in all I generally agree with you in regards to how I choose to conduct myself... w/regards to uniform..

But that doesn't mean I don't think for one second that you are a massive tool for posting this thread. This is just more squabbling; and in fact it is an attack on your brethren.

let's get to more important issues....how about that airbus rudder?

"Here's a few questions for you;
If you were a police officer, and were off duty in partial uniform, would you think it proper to not help someone who is in need or danger?
Would you not help them because you knew they paid less tax than another person?
Would you take off just your badge and tie and go have a brewski at a bar?"

Seat 0A,

You don't know many cops, do you? I had a few beers with a San Francisco cop while he was in uniform and I believe he was on duty at the time. A very nice guy actually, and no I wasn't the only one drinking. I don't really have a point here, just a little story about drinking with an on-duty police officer. I would suggest the same to that cop as I would to any pilot (throw a sweatshirt over your work clothes), but in his case he'd probably get harrassed for wearing his side arm if he wasn't in uniform.

-Blucher:D

Seat 0A said:
Here's an analogy: When we (frax) fly the nanny or gardener of one of our multi-millionaires, they get the same better-than-first class treatment as the owner.

yeah ..you pick up their trash when they get off the plane in full uniform..tie and all

I tear the sleaves off my uniform, much more comfy!! Jee wiz guys, have we come this far to criticize people on what they do on thier own time?

Last edited:
CaptainMark said:
yeah ..you pick up their trash when they get off the plane!

Jeez, talk about thread "bickering". Actually I tip the line guy to clean the cabin. And I am reimbursed for ALL tips. Another myth shot down.

EMB Skillz said:
Funny, but the salaries are so low that pilots have to shop at Target. By the way, Target is owned by the French.

No its not.

At least the French workers stand up for themselves.

The U.S. economy is much better than france, they are having major immigration problems and in 10 years have no middle class workers to do the work that the great french workers, who stand up for themselves, wont do. Great country, wish we could take style lessons from them, then we could all wear berets and be more interested in what each other wear.

Latest resources

Back