• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What foods do you travel with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turkey burritos, cliff bars, bananas, peanut butter/jelly, 1lb. of deli-meat, fruit cups, oatmeal, loaf of bread.

Funny, I use mine as a chamber pot so I won't have stumble to the bathroom. I wonder if we've ever stayed in the same room on different nights?

I don't drink the coffee in the rooms because I'm afraid of the lingering shmega in them. Supposedly flight attendants use the coffee pot for soaking their panty hose in the hot water.

Love the big USAir sized water bottles. Put 6 or so teabags in there, add sugar, and leave it on the dash for a leg. Sweet tea for us redneck pilots. Jst make sure you put a paper towel under it since the strings from the bags will allow a little to leak out.

Other than that, beef jerky, peanuts, etc. Food upkeep is just a pain in the arse on a four day.

Breakfast - usually good size breakfast, along with liquids and coffee. 30 minutes later I have some "USA Today" time at the hotel in the bathroom.

:eek:

In flight:

Clif Bar's and bottled water.

One hour from destination, I eat half the Clif bar, then 30 minutes later, eat the other half, along with lots of water. Keeps the blood sugar up and is good product, organic and natural.

Outback for supper on overnights.

:)

I think Clif bars are indeed a good product, HOWEVER, they make my outflow valve pop frequently! I can't eat em! I'm trying some different powerbars with whey instead of soy - I'll let you know how it goes (or my F.O. will be on here complaining in a few days)

Kashi brand granola bars, the Tasty Little Chews(TLC) line, all of them are great. Good source of fiber and protien. Avoid anything you add water to, soups, prepackaged rice and such, waaaayyyy tooo much added salt. Walnuts are teh superfood, have a handful a day. etc etc etc

Love the big USAir sized water bottles. Put 6 or so teabags in there, add sugar, and leave it on the dash for a leg. Sweet tea for us redneck pilots. Jst make sure you put a paper towel under it since the strings from the bags will allow a little to leak out.

Or just rip the strings off and throw the bags in there. They don't come out when you drink because they swell up. Then you don't have the leakage problem. It's a great drink. I do it a lot myself.

A Food Saver rocks. I have used the food saver to seal up homemade peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies and banana bread, turkey sandwiches (add condiments later). If you have access to a Henry's, kind of like a Trader Joes, they have small jars of salsa in all sorts of flavors you can pair with a small bag of tortilla chips (not the healthiest, but neither is the alternative of Taco Bell in the terminal).

Flying in northern California, the small terminal in Monterey (KMRY) has AWESOME clam chowder with a warm bread roll and bowls of chilli, if you (or your crewmembers) can stand it! ;) I haven't found another out station that beats MRY for terminal food, it's fresh and really good!

Taking notice today, we are pretty much all hooked up to a Starbucks IV bag....gotta keep the coffee flowing!

Take care,
-FW

If you dont mind cutting the time until your next heart attack in half, I like to bring the Chunky style soups, or generic equivilent. About 1.50-2.00 a can, and they pretty much fill you up. Lots of sodium though. Tuna is a good standby. Carrots seem to travel well.

Hey Guat,
Quit braggin and get back to the cargo forum, you dont have to hint how much they pay you at Fedex!

Just tell us how much you make, we know you are dyin to, tool!

Oh boy, please tell me that The Guat didn't get a real job.................

Mom and Dad would be so proud. When are you gonna pay them back?

I take this noodle bowl, kinda like cup a noodle but bowl shape and spicy. Pretty good for less than a buck. Beef jerky is a must.

Latest resources

Back