• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does your wife/girlfriend do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kindegarten teacher and round-the-clock baby incubator. We have our first two in the oven as we speak!

talkin' bout, my girl

she's an ultra-sound tech, it's a good job, she makes decent money, and she should be able to find a job doing that pretty much anywhere i'd need to go.

some aspects of her job i find somewhat distasteful though...

medical software

Married a great gal 37 years ago, who supported me, raised the family, put up with extended Navy deployments, put up with the unemployment, and never threatened to bail out. She can pack up a household in one day to move to the next job, and call me a jerk for a poor career choice while she is packing the boxes. She is my best friend. She has been the breadwinner many times while "between jobs" She teaches how to use medical office software for Webb MD

if she has to work, which she does right now, I couldn't ask for much better:

bartender at Outback = free steaks

aerobics instructor = free gym membership

:D

achick said:
If you like your significant other pilot, an educator or nurse has the fexibility to travel. [/B]

OK, so here's the update! I want to be able to travel with my boyfriend (yep--a pilot), yet have a career that works with having kids. So all day yesterday we ran around and got things rolling with the help of the Dept. of Education in Arizona. By the end of today, I should be registered for a certification program for elementary teaching. I've been wanting to do this for a while, but needed to hear from others that it was a good choice. Thanks everyone!

And if all else fails, I'll look into being a dispatcher or getting on with an airline as a CSR. Can't have too many travel bennies.

By the way, it's so wonderful to hear the many compliments that some of you guys gave your significant others. Support on both sides is a must for any relationship, but it's been my experience that this is even more important when the aviation industry is involved.

CG

Mine mostly complains about how little $ I make. When she's not doing that she's a consultant. I still haven't figured out what a consultant really does.

My better half used to work for Delta, Air Wis, and Great Lakes as a CSR. She recently got smart and went to work as a course materials coordinator for New Horizons computer learning center. She makes more than she did after 5 years with Delta and the bennies are better. (No free airline trips though.:( ) Now if I could only get smart....

Hello,
My wife is an R.N. Someone pointed out thats it's the ideal job for a pilot's spouse. I would have to agree with that.

regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Latest resources

Back