• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does your wife/girlfriend do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She teaches 5th grade! I have been able to work at her school as a substitute teacher when not flying.

What does my wife/girlfriend do?

She does as she's told.

:D

Minh "My Way Or The Highway" Thong

She works in operations in the trust department of a fast growing bank. I hear stories of many growing problems at the fast growing bank. Kind of a thankless job. I'd stay as far away from that atmosphere as possible. She wants to move into the health field if that tells you anything.

Mr. I.

I'm the wife of a pilot and I've held lots of different jobs. Moving around the country forces you to explore many options - especially when you are married to a regional pilot who can't afford to support himself let alone a family. My husband is now a major airline pilot and hopefully in a couple of years we'll be able to start thinking about my career as a homemaker but for now, I'm working as a legal assistant. I started out in medical research as a project coordinator for a clinical trial. I was in the medical field for 4 years when I got married and we moved across the country for my husband's job. I stayed in the medical field for the 9 months we were out there as the secretary to the director of the ECU at a hospital. When we moved to the Southwest, I took the only job I could find - accounts payable - and I actually really liked it so when we moved again, I looked for work as an accounts payable clerk but ended up falling into a legal assistant job that I loved. Now that we're back in Seattle (home) and my husband is on with his dream airline, I have a little more freedom to do what I want with my career and I've chosen to stay in the legal field until I don't need to work any longer and then I'll go into some sort of volunteer position in addition to cooking and cleaning at home and travelling with my husband whenever possible. Kids may or may not be in our future. No real plans there yet. Hope this gives you some ideas. :)

Thanks everyone for all the replies, off color or not. I got some good ideas. It sounds like there's a lot of great aviation families out there making a go of it.

Hmm, how come the guys with less than 1000 hours seem to be the ones who trash talk their girlfriends/wives? "she does as she's told....which girlfriend".....blah, blah, blah. Sounds like 'big car' syndrome to me.

CG

First off, "Turbo57", many congrats on your marriage...25 years is awesome. I am coming up on 3 good years myself.

Second, my beautiful wife is an MD.

My wife is at home with my 3 year and 5 month old sons.

<----------she also models with big guns! :D

I am a guidance counselor in a high school and supported my (ex boyfriend) pilot through TWO first year pay jobs. I used my MS in counseling more with him and his friends than I do with my students.

If you like your significant other pilot, an educator or nurse has the fexibility to travel. If not, find a job with only two weeks vacation or lots of buisness travel.

Typhoon1244 Those are awesome kids!!!:)

My wife is a OR nurse with a 4 day a week / 10 hour schedule which is great since my trips average 4 on, 3 off or 3 on, 4 off all month long. Not counting the great schedule and job I am still the luckiest guy in the world for her having me! :)

Latest resources

Back