• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Mesaba want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was invited for an interview with Compass last January, but turned them down. Now when I re-applied, they send me the rejection letter. What a crock of $hit. Same thing happened when RAH invited me, turned them down, and 6 months later they were too good for me. Said they were going to "pursue other canidates" ... I have 3500 TT 3000 turbine 121.

YOU turned them down for an interview.....kinda sets the stage of how seriously you want to work for them. If I were an employer, I would have rejected interviewing you too....upon seeing your reapplication. Totally different from interviewing, getting turned down, and then reapplying.....that shows dedication....you showed lack of dedication. Employers want serious applicants.

Why are you so surprised at this? It is NOT a crock of $hit.

Why would anyone work for a regional unless it was their only option?

Clever....my guess is you are another one who will probably never have to worry about working for a "regional." Of course you will be on FI, clueless as to why they won't hire you!

I thought the regionals were my only option at the time, I guess because I was desperate after just having been laid off. I am so glad that it never worked out!

I know the guys doing the hiring, they can spot attitude. If you show one, guess what? we do not want you. If you turn down a job offer, guess what? They will not hire you later when you come asking again for a job. OH yeah, good luck with your better job, some advice, do not waste anymore airlines time when you need a job in the future, you are too good to be in my flight deck!

hey man, I think most people would consider the regionals as a last resort. You cant fault anyone for taking the better paying/ better QOL option if they had to choose between jobs. If I would have been offered the job I probably would have left shortly thereafter for a better one anyways so it worked out for all parties.

YOU turned them down for an interview.....kinda sets the stage of how seriously you want to work for them. If I were an employer, I would have rejected interviewing you too....upon seeing your reapplication. Totally different from interviewing, getting turned down, and then reapplying.....that shows dedication....you showed lack of dedication. Employers want serious applicants.

Why are you so surprised at this? It is NOT a crock of $hit.

Some of you guys are just as much of IDIOTS as the hiring board there. Tell me, what do YOU do when you are looking for a new job? DO YOU APPLY AT ONLY ONE PLACE AT A TIME?? Not unless you put all your eggs in one basket...most people submit apps everywhere. I applied to multiple places and got hired at one place. I then REMOVED my Application with Compass. Removed as in... not interested right now...ok, stay with me... because some of you are slow. They(Compass) called me a few Months AFTER I removed my app online. That is why I turned them down....they should have been a little quicker to call if they needed people so bad at the time. Thats the way it goes.

YES I AM an A$$. Yes I have an attitude, and more than anything I have very little tolerance for ignorance.

FYI- Since they told me to call back if things changed, I did. They told me that I had really high marks, and should be getting a call soon. That was 3-4 weeks ago, followed by the reject letter.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are just as much of IDIOTS as the hiring board there. Tell me, what do YOU do when you are looking for a new job? DO YOU APPLY AT ONLY ONE PLACE AT A TIME?? Not unless you put all your eggs in one basket...most people submit apps everywhere. I applied to multiple places and got hired at one place. I then REMOVED my Application with Compass. Removed as in... not interested right now...ok, stay with me... because some of you are slow. They(Compass) called me a few Months AFTER I removed my app online. That is why I turned them down....they should have been a little quicker to call if they needed people so bad at the time. Thats the way it goes.

YES I AM an A$$. Yes I have an attitude, and more than anything I have very little tolerance for ignorance.

FYI- Since they told me to call back if things changed, I did. They told me that I had really high marks, and should be getting a call soon. That was 3-4 weeks ago, followed by the reject letter.

You seem pretty committed to your aviation career, I can tell you think thats important. If I'm sitting across the table interviewing you I can tell you that I don't give a s**t how committed to your aviation career you are. What I am trying to determine is if you are committed to your aviation career at my company. Companies can train pilots with 300 hours to fly RJ's, they can't train character, integrity, or attitude. From what I have read...you come off as a whiner who thinks the world owes him something! Get defensive if you want...hopefully you will consider this constructive criticism. Good luck with the job hunt, let us know how it turns out!

You seem pretty committed to your aviation career, I can tell you think thats important. If I'm sitting across the table interviewing you I can tell you that I don't give a s**t how committed to your aviation career you are. What I am trying to determine is if you are committed to your aviation career at my company. Companies can train pilots with 300 hours to fly RJ's, they can't train character, integrity, or attitude. From what I have read...you come off as a whiner who thinks the world owes him something! Get defensive if you want...hopefully you will consider this constructive criticism. Good luck with the job hunt, let us know how it turns out!

I can't stand AE. I've interviewed at many regionals but I've never interviewed at a place that had the most high and mighty we're the ******************** attitude as much as eagle did. They had some of the most ridiculous hiring standards. They wouldn't even interview one guy away for failing his multi engine rating, another for being like 10 hours below multi engine mins, who cares?? Tell me the secret, because they made it seem like we were signing up for the space program. I can't believe I spent 3 days interviewing for a job that is below poverty standards. We spent about an hour briefing on how to turn an airplane during the sim portion, I thought we were going to have to debrief..... Shockingly we didn't The funny part was there were random AA guys walking around the compund telling us not to sing up for AMR. I think I understood what they were talking about on day 3, trying to squeeze out what ever I had left for the 2ND!!!! separate piss cup. By the way I heard they had a clean up in hiring department??

Last edited:

Thats funny, I was just thinking about how nice it would be to be a stay at home dad while my wife brings in the bucks... That and my other income stream would suffice.

Latest resources

Back