• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Mesaba want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think it has anything to do with you turning them down? Are you really that stupid to think you would be invited back after you told them no?

Exactly what I was about to say.

I was invited for an interview with Compass last January, but turned them down. Now when I re-applied, they send me the rejection letter. What a crock of $hit. Same thing happened when RAH invited me, turned them down, and 6 months later they were too good for me. Said they were going to "pursue other canidates" ... I have 3500 TT 3000 turbine 121.

Can I ask why you turned either of them down?

I applied there a couple of weeks ago and got the thanks but you don't meet our requirements email today. I have almost 6000 total 1500 ME two types ATP clean record. What exactly do they want?

Master,

Don't sweat it man. Airlines are like perverts, they all have their weird little fetishes. Some have a thing for feet, others like it if you fart in their face. You just never can tell.

You probably didn't have enough time in a purple beech duchess, or you looked like the HR lady's ex-husband. You're obviously more than qualified to be a flaps officer on a CRJ900. Move along and don't dwell on it.

On a side note, I know Compass has turned away a ton of very qualified people, some I've known personally. Why? Nobody knows for certain.

Ya I'm captain of the computer I stare at, very far from being in your shoes. LOL

Do you think it has anything to do with you turning them down? Are you really that stupid to think you would be invited back after you told them no?

When I told them no, they seemed surprised(Like I should only be so lucky to get a REGIONAL JET JOB at slightly above poverty wages). I told them I cant go from making 57.00 an hour to your 24.00 per hour. As much as I want a MSP based job, I couldnt do it. They said they understood, and to give them a call back if things had changed for me. I obviously misunterstood them, what they meant to say was: "Go F#ck Yourself" --It only took them 10 months to call me for an interview the first time after they were hiring 1500 hour guys with no prior 121 experience left and right. Did they have a change in personel in the hiring department there???

You were offered an interview, twice, and turned both down...and now, a year later, you're mad that you aren't going to get a second chance???

The HR professionals there probably figure you weren't serious before, so why should they think you are serious now? Or, why couldn't you accept the compensation then but suddenly can now? (They already know the answer to that question). You've proven to them that you'll bolt at a moment's notice for a position with higher compensation, making you a longevity risk. I certainly couldn't fault you for doing that, but I can also understand why a company would be wary of hiring somebody and spending thousands to train them if they're expected to leave. They WANT 1500hr guys with no 121 experience because they have few employment options and lower expectations than you...

"Call back if things change" was a nice way for the HR folks to tell you "Thanks for wasting our time..."

When I told them no, they seemed surprised(Like I should only be so lucky to get a REGIONAL JET JOB at slightly above poverty wages). I told them I cant go from making 57.00 an hour to your 24.00 per hour. As much as I want a MSP based job, I couldnt do it. They said they understood, and to give them a call back if things had changed for me. I obviously misunterstood them, what they meant to say was: "Go F#ck Yourself" --It only took them 10 months to call me for an interview the first time after they were hiring 1500 hour guys with no prior 121 experience left and right. Did they have a change in personel in the hiring department there???

Why apply for a job if you know that you can't afford a paycut at that airline? They probably thought you were shotgunning resumes all over the place and since you we not interested in interviewing, you we not interested in the job. I've got a friend that has been blowing off getting his resume into NJ for years now, and just the other week he has the balls to ask me for a recommendation...sorry, but if it wasn't good enough for you then, it's not gonna be good enough for you now.

"Mesaba doesnt want to be fed...Mesaba wants to hunt!"

Well, there is someone at Mesaba that interviewed the same day as me (back in 05) but turned the job offer down to stay at Eagle. That person then reapplied and was hired as a street captain this past year..... FWIW.

Latest resources

Back