• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Mesaba want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think you can spot attitude, integrity, character, blah blah blah by a resume, I would like some of what your on. However, I am 4 for 4 in getting the job after the interview.

I can't stand AE. I've interviewed at many regionals but I've never interviewed at a place that had the most high and mighty we're the ******************** attitude as much as eagle did. They had some of the most ridiculous hiring standards. They wouldn't even interview one guy away for failing his multi engine rating, another for being like 10 hours below multi engine mins, who cares?? Tell me the secret, because they made it seem like we were signing up for the space program. I can't believe I spent 3 days interviewing for a job that is below poverty standards. We spent about an hour briefing on how to turn an airplane during the sim portion, I thought we were going to have to debrief..... Shockingly we didn't The funny part was there were random AA guys walking around the compund telling us not to sing up for AMR. I think I understood what they were talking about on day 3, trying to squeeze out what ever I had left for the 2ND!!!! separate piss cup. By the way I heard they had a clean up in hiring department??

They need a clean up in thier training department, kicking both A. H. and T. M. to the curb.

I really like how the people who were LUCKY enough to have only one or two jobs that landed them at a major get on their high horse about how people have too many jobs blah blah blah. They have never been furloughed, laid off, company closed down on them, had a rough family situation, etc. Getting jobs and keeping jobs has a lot to do with luck...ya it has to do with good decisions but you can't throw out the luck factor. Everyone puts blame on what someone has done in the past. People come on FI to ask for help so they can have a better future. Can't go back and change what has already happened.

Last edited:
4 jobs and less than 3000 hours........there you go!

What's so bad about that? For another example, CFI-1200 hours, 135 PIC 1200-2000 hours, Regional FO at 2000 hours. That's 3 jobs in less than 2k hours.

aewanabe said:
What's so bad about that?

It shows no longevity, no stability in the employee.

The example you give shows upward career progression, which isn't considered as much a detriment to employability as is a bunch of lateral moves.

Latest resources

Back