• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Mesaba want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that turned down the job and where told well if your looking again later comeback that was a different time in aviation. Yeah only 6 months ago but back then the comercial tickets on some guys were still wet and companies just needed to fill the seats with qualified individuals. Some got turned down but a lot of high flight risk people I imagine got hired because at least they didn't have other less disirable issues. And when you were told come back later if you want or whatever was said I think there was an assumption that this crazy hiring was going to continue. That is not the case anymore and Mesaba can be a lot more selective (IE return on investment-sim and training costs) and pick qualified individuals that will stay for a while.

Why apply for a job if you know that you can't afford a paycut at that airline? They probably thought you were shotgunning resumes all over the place and since you we not interested in interviewing, you we not interested in the job. I've got a friend that has been blowing off getting his resume into NJ for years now, and just the other week he has the balls to ask me for a recommendation...sorry, but if it wasn't good enough for you then, it's not gonna be good enough for you now.

The difference now is my current job is in jeopardy. I do have other income sources, but my time is worth more. Why wouldnt I take the higher paying job??

FYI- I only turned them down once. I actually went to the compassairline.com website and removed my resume after getting my current DC-9 position. After I removed my resume, they called me for the interview. guess they like to play hard to get

The difference now is my current job is in jeopardy. I do have other income sources, but my time is worth more. Why wouldnt I take the higher paying job??

FYI- I only turned them down once. I actually went to the compassairline.com website and removed my resume after getting my current DC-9 position. After I removed my resume, they called me for the interview. guess they like to play hard to get

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...You submitted a resume for a job with an airline when you had a job that you were making more money with, rethought the situation and so you went on the website to remove your resume, but they called you anyway and you told them that you were not interested in interviewing. But now that your current job is in jeopardy, you want to reinterview for the job, but they said that they are not interested in inviting you back. Would you say that is accurate? Based on what you've written that is the way I'm understanding that it happened.

If this is the case, it sounds like you should have never submitted a resume if you had no intention of interviewing for the new job. It doesn't sound like you got the fair end of the deal but that's the way it is and maybe you should move on with other options. If this is not the case, could you explain it a little more in depth?

Like they say, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." Maybe your first impression just wasn't worth a second chance in their minds...Good luck with your job search.

I submitted resumes to multiple places so that I could get the hell out of Air Midwest. USA jet was one of the first to call and I got hired and am happy with my choice. I didnt want to waste Compass Airlines time so i went online and removed my resume. Compass then called for the interview, I turned them down for obvious reasons. Because of recent layoffs at USA Jet, I am looking for plan B's like many other pilots are now. Thats about it.

Last edited:
Mesaba wants the uninitiated suckers, apparently.

Oh well, I had an interview there once too, and canceled it. Now I cannot get one. Whoops!

They sure do expect a lot of loyalty for such low pay.

I submitted resumes to multiple places so that I could get the hell out of Air Midwest. USA jet was one of the first to call and I got hired and am happy with my choice. I didnt want to waste Compass Airlines time so i went online and removed my resume. Compass then called for the interview, I turned them down for obvious reasons. Because of recent layoffs at USA Jet, I am looking for plan B's like many other pilots are now. Thats about it.

Thanks for explaining it...I'm sorry about your situation, I think that it's unfortunate for you because there is really nothing that you can do to change your circumstances with that company.

Best of luck in your job search.

If it's worth anything...Leaving the redtail family was the best thing I ever did...I miss the people that work there but that's about it.

Master,

Don't sweat it man. Airlines are like perverts, they all have their weird little fetishes. Some have a thing for feet, others like it if you fart in their face. You just never can tell.

You probably didn't have enough time in a purple beech duchess, or you looked like the HR lady's ex-husband. You're obviously more than qualified to be a flaps officer on a CRJ900. Move along and don't dwell on it.

On a side note, I know Compass has turned away a ton of very qualified people, some I've known personally. Why? Nobody knows for certain.

You sir, with your rational thinking, do not belong on FInfo.

Good post

I've got a friend that has been blowing off getting his resume into NJ for years now, and just the other week he has the balls to ask me for a recommendation...sorry, but if it wasn't good enough for you then, it's not gonna be good enough for you now.

And this guy is your friend??!!

And this guy is your friend??!!

Not as much now as he once was...he's had a couple of bad breaks, and I feel sorry for him, but I'm sick of trying to help him out. If he doesn't want my help...fine. If he doesn't want to work at NJA, fine...it's not for everyone...but don't come back to me after everything else has fallen through and ask me to recommend you for a job that you obviously don't want. But yeah, in the end I still consider him a friend.

Last edited:
Not as much now as he once was...he's had a couple of bad breaks, and I feel sorry for him, but I'm sick of trying to help him out. If he doesn't want my help...fine. If he doesn't want to work at NJA, fine...it's not for everyone...but don't come back to me after everything else has fallen through and ask me to recommend you for a job that you obviously don't want. But yeah, in the end I still consider him a friend.

Then recommend him, and stop being such a ******************************.

Latest resources

Back