Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you love about your chosen city of residence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Miami Cons-

1) All the Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians, Brazillians, Guatemalans, Peruvians etc etc drive just like they do in Cuba, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, etc etc, which means- NO RULES, ANYTHING GOES. Stop light? Just for show, amigo. This of course works fine if you're IN Central or South America, because everybody drives like that, but when you mix in people who actually try to follow some of these rules, chaos erupts.

2) I need a passport just so I can drive through my neighborhood.

3) Radio stations SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK.

4) Public transportation? What's that?

5) Did I mention the traffic? 1:40 for something that usually takes 20 minutes.

Miami PROS-

1) Those girls sure like their plastic boobies.:)

and 2) when La Palma finally slides into the ocean, the resultant tsunami should wipe the slate clean down here. Of course, #1 should make the resultant rescue operations much simpler.

gringo said:
Miami Cons-

1) All the Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians, Brazillians, Guatemalans, Peruvians etc etc drive just like they do in Cuba, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, etc etc, which means- NO RULES, ANYTHING GOES. Stop light? Just for show, amigo. This of course works fine if you're IN Central or South America, because everybody drives like that, but when you mix in people who actually try to follow some of these rules, chaos erupts.

2) I need a passport just so I can drive through my neighborhood.

3) Radio stations SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK.

4) Public transportation? What's that?

5) Did I mention the traffic? 1:40 for something that usually takes 20 minutes.

Miami PROS-

1) Those girls sure like their plastic boobies.:)

and 2) when La Palma finally slides into the ocean, the resultant tsunami should wipe the slate clean down here. Of course, #1 should make the resultant rescue operations much simpler.

You forgot about the haitians and the other islanders. Every stereotype that you can think of is true. Ugh.

Chicago-

Yeah, the winters suck. But we have central heat, heated car seats, warm coats- you get used to it. Or at least you tolerate it. But even during winter, it's beautiful- as long as the wind's not blowing. It could be worse- think Minneapolis or Canada!

Yeah, the mayor's corrupt as hell (and I HATE him for what he did to Meigs) but you have to admit- he gets things done. Chicago is on the world map, mostly due to his beautification efforts. (He still has a place in hell for his actions on Meigs, though).

The architecture is spectacular! The fire was the best thing to ever happen to Chicago (Miami, you listening?) History buffs have a field day here as well.

Public transportation is one of the best in the world- you can take a subway just about anywhere. If you live in the city, you don't even need a car, unless you're trying to get to the burbs.

Traffic sucks, but nowhere nearly as bad as Sucklanta or Miami. It sucks no matter what city you're living in.

XRT. Need I say more?

Millenium Park is spectacular- even more so when you finally realize it was built with PRIVATE funds. Sailing on Lake Michigan during summer? Spectacular.

Tuesday night and you have an urge to see a live theatre performance? No problem- you'll find at least 5 venues. Try that in Miami. The dining experience here is wonderful- you want Thai? Got it. How about Ethiopian? No problem. How about Kenyan-Japanese fusion? Got that too!

Lake Shore Drive. Spring, Summer, Fall, simply beautiful. (And I'm not just talking about the lake... (but I like the plastic boobies in Miami more:))

It's like New York, without all the @$$holes.

ORD and MDW- I just came from ATL and MIA, and I'll take my hometown airports ANY DAY of the week.

WLS. For those times you feel the urge to scan the AM.

Train buffs go crazy over here. BRC, CSS&SB, IHB, the "J". Not to mention all the Class 1's that pass through...

Insurance rates about 1/3 of those in Miami.

No hurricanes. Any questions? (They FINALLY removed the Katrina-Wilma rubble pile in front of my house last week.)

I could continue, but this is cutting into my packing time, and I can't wait to get back home!

Move ! There's jobs out there .:rolleyes:
Brett Hull said:
Seconded!!!!!

The best part about Alabama is the fact that one day someone in some other state will hire me and I will never have to go back there again. Absolute worst drivers on the planet...bar none! That "curve" in the road in Birmingham seems to throw them for a loop. They can't quite seem to figure it out. And if you're not into church and college football, they look at you like you have two heads. It's the only two things they have to occupy their time.

We're talking about the state that voted down an amendment to the state constitution that did nothing other than remove racist language from it.

I hate this place!

I like the city I live in because my wife lives here.

Salt Lake City-

Cons:

Housing prices are turning into California prices
Stupid liquor laws
Freeways suck
Economy sucks
Growing like a weed
Corrupt Contractors

Last edited:
raised in KC, MO...lived there till 94:
Good: BBQ! the Chiefs; inexpensive cost of living; pretty in autumn; lots of trees and lakes.

Bad: heat; humidity; mosquitos as big as your fist; ice storms in the winter; lack of night life; very racially/socio-economically divided; not a lot of aviation in any form and the airport sucks; public schools are horrible.

since 94 in Denver, CO
Good: lots of scenery; great night life; nice airport; only a few hours drive to the mtns/skiing; friendly people; good quality of life; excellent climate year round in the city (the mtns get all the snow); great museums; they don't use salt on the roads when it snows (therefore preventing rusting on ur car); the Avs!

Bad: no good BBQ; high cost of living/housing; poor flying conditions when the temps go up; vehicle emissions testing; large non-english speaking population; the occasional blizzard; women way outnumber men (makes dating a little tougher); Boulder.

:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back