Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you love about your chosen city of residence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flic1, that's a beautiful picture.

SLC here. This time of year where else can you ski half a day then come down in the valley and hit 9 holes of golf. We have 7 National parks. There is nothing like southern Utah. It surely isn't perfect. Home is where the heart is. I layover on Maui, have friends in all corners of this country. We really have no real extremes. It get's cold in the winter but not like Chicago. (was based there 6 years). It gets hot here but not uncomfortable. Springs and falls are just about perfect. That goes without saying. Springs and falls are great everywhwere. Now having said all that........I'm moving to Phoenix this fall LOL. Go figure.

CIAO
V2

I wish I could drive 30 minutes to awesome skiing like my friend that lives in Salt Lake. He goes almost every morning. I have to airline to really good skiing and it takes 2 hours plus a 30 minute drive. BUMMER!

English I will trade you in a heart beat.I ski raced at Snowbird and I would take Mt High over it in a minute.Not many states you can surf in the morning and ski in the after

Mountain High is lame. 30 seconds and you're at the bottom waiting to get on the lift. I went there once, never again. It's worth it to airline someplace decent, where I can get a few minute's run and a couple thousand feet drop before resting on the lift.

The day is too short to waste on Mountain High and the SoCal resorts, IMHO. Even the drive to Mammoth is worth it.

I had a blast at Mt High.Especially since there are a lot of beaters in that area and you just blast by them.Mammoth is better then all the resorts in SLC.

English said:
It feels odd to walk in Manhattan and not make eye contact with people.

I guess if your from NYC you just don't expect people to do that. I'll never forget when I went to college in Florida, the very first day i was in a walmart parkin glot and some random lady walking past me said "hi there" as we were passing. I about had a heart attack and died. It just freaked me out! I was shocked that people said hi to those they din't know down there. I've since learned that most people do that everywhere and NY is just a different world altogether.

Chicago

Despite what he Capt. Megadeth said about my lovely town it really is a nice place to live, and here is why:

• Great Nieghborhoods (small town feel in a big city)
  • Food-Any food from just about any ethnicity you can think of
  • Lots to do from bars to other stuff that I cant spell or afford
  • Great Downtown (the Loop)
  • Good Transit
  • Two airports- for the days when I commuted (only a few weeks I think, its all kinda of a blur)
  • People - very friendly
The reasons I agree with the good capt:

Winter- well what can you say?......is there a good one?
Traffic - Sucks
Cost - it sure aint cheap from gas, taxes and you want to actually live somewhere too??

I dig this town, but it is also home so I may be a bit biased...............NAH!
Go Cubbies

i'mbatman said:
I guess if your from NYC you just don't expect people to do that. I'll never forget when I went to college in Florida, the very first day i was in a walmart parkin glot and some random lady walking past me said "hi there" as we were passing. I about had a heart attack and died. It just freaked me out! I was shocked that people said hi to those they din't know down there. I've since learned that most people do that everywhere and NY is just a different world altogether.

Agreed.

NYC Con's: Lots of dirty pinko liberals and high cost of living.

Latest resources

Back