Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you love about your chosen city of residence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with NTX, there isnt a better place to be then in the DFW area.

I live in SLC and hate it.I moved here from San Diego and can't wait to get back.There is some good here.If your into mountains you can ski and hike.We have the stupidest freeway system ever.Whoever thought of two freeways for one city should be shot.The winters stuck and your always shoveling snow then summer hits are are baking to death.Another good point is an easy 10 hour drive to San Diego to go surf.

YIP is the only place for me, get to see all kinds of weather, you have to be a good instrument pilot to survive. You really understand the concept of the "Clean Airplane". In addition, I get to fly W.W.II airplanes on the airshow circuit.

What DJS said about Seattle and the Puget Sound/Olympic Mtns/Cascade Mts area. :cool:

While many people think of this area as very rainy...we get most of this rain in mid-winter...so you adapt for these few months and have wet gear. And while it is raining down at sea level, the mountains are getting huge amounts of snow (except this year...when we got no rain, and the mountains got no snow, but this is a very rare situation). The other seasons...especially summer...are absolutely fantastic. The scenery is spectacular; there is an abundance of outdoor activity available, in just about every category, a short distance from my house; and this is one of the best areas I have ever lived with regards to my main passion...music. Seattle's music scene is just awesome and varied (no, it is not all grunge...).

Besides this area, my original home in Colorado and my other home, Alaska...would be my other areas of choice. For many of those same reasons, minus the music scene. Though Denver/Boulder is home to my adopted band. I can't see any circumstances that would cause me to live anywhere East of C-470 in Denver. That's where the world ends as far as my chosen areas to live would be.

And whoever said you don't choose where you live, aviation chooses it for you, has their priorities all wrong. Aviation takes a back seat to the more important things in life, and it is these things which dictate my city of residence. However it DOES help tremendously that my company of choice has it's home here in Seattle.:)

Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan
Unless of course, you like the ocean or mountains.

That's the beautiful thing about Texas. You can make it to great places to stay on the gulf in 5 hours, and the mountains are a little farther--about 9 hours.

What do you love about the place you live?

Charlotte . . . because it's not Cincinnati.

Someone else was dissing New Mexico. I lived there for 5 years and actually liked it a lot. Hard to imagine a better climate, or better food. In fact I'm leaving tomorrow to take my 8 year old son there for a week; our first father-son trip. I'll be sipping margaritas at Sadies about this time tomorrow!
Liked Texas, too.

flx757 said:
What DJS said about Seattle and the Puget Sound/Olympic Mtns/Cascade Mts area....And whoever said you don't choose where you live, aviation chooses it for you, has their priorities all wrong. Aviation takes a back seat to the more important things in life, and it is these things which dictate my city of residence. However it DOES help tremendously that my company of choice has it's home here in Seattle.:)

Yeah, what you guys said about Seattle. I miss it all - mountains, water, outdoor activities galore, constantly seeing seaplanes overhead, drive-thru coffee stands every 2 blocks, drizzle and low overcast, even miss Taco Time and Dick's Drive-Ins. As much as I crave home, seems that the job market, some good opportunities and random circumstances have taken me to the opposite coast for the time being. There's a lot of truth in what they say - if you want to get the jobs you gotta be willing to move, at least for lower-time guys or tight job markets.

No worries, I'll be back.

Where I live now, and the past few years....not really worth mentioning in comparison.

Well, I live Outside Austin, because as others said, I would go freaking nuts having to cope with the traffic. In fact, I don't live in any city. :D

But I like living near a small Texas town where I can still angle park on the main drag, still get a real malt at a real soda fountain in a real old drug store, walk to the County Courthouse and be out with my vehicle tags in 5 minutes, then stop by the Post Office on my way back to the truck and get lunch, all within about 3 blocks. Winters are mild enough to play golf year round, dozens of courses nearby, including a new Hyatt resort course going in about 2 miles down the road.

And compared to real estate prices in some other areas, I can have a nice house here, on two acres, with a nice 30X40' steel toy box, AND a plane, so as to travel to to the mountains or coast if I choose.

Latest resources

Back